Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tractor
    New Holland TC35D, Case TR320 CTL

Default Re: 2013 Terex PT110 Forestry

Looks great! Congrats!
    John

My Work & Stuff Photo Thread: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/p...to-thread.html

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

Tractor
    M 9540 Kubota

Quote Originally Posted by ALittleDirtWontHurt View Post
    Another thing that was done on the new was to totally enclose the area where the drive hoses met the machine chassis as to eliminate debris entering through the bottom.
    Cool, Nice machine, woods monster.
    ]We need more people to WORK for a living and less people to VOTE for a living!
    (proven on 11/6/12)

Bronze Member ALittleDirtWontHurt's Avatar
    Tractor
    Terex PT110 Forestry, New Holland LT185b, New Holland LS170, New Holland TC33, Kubota KX080, Terex PT30, ASV RC50

Day two running........blew the forward drive hose (the one inside the belly pan) running the right track. Effectively the machine would only turn right going forward, but would back up fine. After dumping gallons of fluid and making a huge mess, managed to get it up on the trailer and back to the dealer (and of course breakdowns happen most on the weekend). It'll have to be fixed the on the trailer, because she darn sure isn't driving forward. Better there though than in the middle of the woods. Two days running a brand new machine.....broken down each time, but I'm not discouraged with the machine yet. Chalking this one up to breaking it in.
    WWW.MASSIECONTRACTING.COM

----forestry mulching and custom excavation----

Tractor
    Carolina Clearing, LLC

Comment Withheld (for now)

Tractor
    Terex PT110 Forestry, New Holland LT185b, New Holland LS170, New Holland TC33, Kubota KX080, Terex PT30, ASV RC50

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTROAD View Post
    Comment Withheld (for now)
    Always open to any advice or insight I can get.....

Tractor
    JD 4720

What does that unit run in cost.

What gradient slope can it tolerate and what size CWD can it deal with?
    JD 4720 - 400CX FEL, Woods BB-720 Brush Bull and BH90X backhoe, Salsco 6210XT PTO Chipper, Farmi 501 Logging Winch, Bo-Dozer Grapple, LP RBT4096, Cammond Road grader/leveler and Rankin Trash Forks

Well according to the salesman, it does not cost enough, there is no gradient on this planet it wont operate on easily, and will chew 12" diameter material like we chew on toothpicks... Lmao all kidding aside i have not had it on extreme slopes and cost should be less than 90 k .... Not sure what cwd is

Tractor
    JD 4720

Quote Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
    Well according to the salesman, it does not cost enough, there is no gradient on this planet it wont operate on easily, and will chew 12" diameter material like we chew on toothpicks... Lmao all kidding aside i have not had it on extreme slopes and cost should be less than 90 k .... Not sure what cwd is
    CWD -coarse woody debris. Must be a term that we use out here that you don't use where ever you are. Can refer to anything from small stuff to logging residue of size that might take a decade to decay back into the environment. You answered my question w/o knowing it anyway, 12 inches , not too bad. Thanks.
    JD 4720 - 400CX FEL, Woods BB-720 Brush Bull and BH90X backhoe, Salsco 6210XT PTO Chipper, Farmi 501 Logging Winch, Bo-Dozer Grapple, LP RBT4096, Cammond Road grader/leveler and Rankin Trash Forks

Tractor

The hydraulic failure ended up being some kind of equalizing line between the two motors. It was a steel line that had to be replaced. Back out tomorrow for day three. Crossing my fingers.........

Tractor
    Fecon FTX 90 /Pieces of an ASV 4810 / JD 440b skidder / JD 450b dozer / Bobcat T320 / Hydro Ax 311c

Quote Originally Posted by ALittleDirtWontHurt View Post
    The hydraulic failure ended up being some kind of equalizing line between the two motors. It was a steel line that had to be replaced. Back out tomorrow for day three. Crossing my fingers.........
    Ouch! Sounds like you're off to a rough start with the new Terex.
    I had the same kind of luck with the 2011 PT-100G I bought. Did your dealer pay for the hydraulic fluid?
    I just couldn't stand the payments of a new machine, and the down time of an old one. I sold mine at a loss to get out from under it.
    I hope your luck improves, and your dealer is a really good one.

Andy

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast