2013 Terex PT110 Forestry

/ 2013 Terex PT110 Forestry #11  
Looks great! Congrats!

/ 2013 Terex PT110 Forestry
Day two running........blew the forward drive hose (the one inside the belly pan) running the right track. Effectively the machine would only turn right going forward, but would back up fine. After dumping gallons of fluid and making a huge mess, managed to get it up on the trailer and back to the dealer (and of course breakdowns happen most on the weekend). It'll have to be fixed the on the trailer, because she darn sure isn't driving forward. Better there though than in the middle of the woods. Two days running a brand new machine.....broken down each time, but I'm not discouraged with the machine yet. Chalking this one up to breaking it in.

/ 2013 Terex PT110 Forestry #14  
Comment Withheld (for now)

/ 2013 Terex PT110 Forestry #16  
What does that unit run in cost.

What gradient slope can it tolerate and what size CWD can it deal with?

/ 2013 Terex PT110 Forestry #17  
Well according to the salesman, it does not cost enough, there is no gradient on this planet it wont operate on easily, and will chew 12" diameter material like we chew on toothpicks... Lmao all kidding aside i have not had it on extreme slopes and cost should be less than 90 k .... Not sure what cwd is

/ 2013 Terex PT110 Forestry #18  
Well according to the salesman, it does not cost enough, there is no gradient on this planet it wont operate on easily, and will chew 12" diameter material like we chew on toothpicks... Lmao all kidding aside i have not had it on extreme slopes and cost should be less than 90 k .... Not sure what cwd is

CWD -coarse woody debris. Must be a term that we use out here that you don't use where ever you are. Can refer to anything from small stuff to logging residue of size that might take a decade to decay back into the environment. You answered my question w/o knowing it anyway, 12 inches , not too bad. Thanks.

The hydraulic failure ended up being some kind of equalizing line between the two motors. It was a steel line that had to be replaced. Back out tomorrow for day three. Crossing my fingers.........

/ 2013 Terex PT110 Forestry #20  
The hydraulic failure ended up being some kind of equalizing line between the two motors. It was a steel line that had to be replaced. Back out tomorrow for day three. Crossing my fingers.........

Ouch! Sounds like you're off to a rough start with the new Terex.
I had the same kind of luck with the 2011 PT-100G I bought. Did your dealer pay for the hydraulic fluid?
I just couldn't stand the payments of a new machine, and the down time of an old one. I sold mine at a loss to get out from under it.
I hope your luck improves, and your dealer is a really good one.

Andy