2013 Terex PT110 Forestry

/ 2013 Terex PT110 Forestry
Ouch! Sounds like you're off to a rough start with the new Terex.
I had the same kind of luck with the 2011 PT-100G I bought. Did your dealer pay for the hydraulic fluid?
I just couldn't stand the payments of a new machine, and the down time of an old one. I sold mine at a loss to get out from under it.
I hope your luck improves, and your dealer is a really good one.

Andy

The dealer has been great so far and covered everything. Looking at the numbers, I was spending roughly a new payment everything month in repairing the old PT and the downtime associated with it......not that I'm thrilled with either scenario, but this is the business we have chosen. This go around I'm going to sell this one as soon as it's payed off and has decent residual value, before any major repairs arise (.....price of a new undercarriage and tracks.....no thanks!)

/ 2013 Terex PT110 Forestry #22  
The dealer has been great so far and covered everything. Looking at the numbers, I was spending roughly a new payment everything month in repairing the old PT and the downtime associated with it......not that I'm thrilled with either scenario, but this is the business we have chosen. This go around I'm going to sell this one as soon as it's payed off and has decent residual value, before any major repairs arise (.....price of a new undercarriage and tracks.....no thanks!)

I am curious, what are the hours on your last PT, and being aware of the cost of the u/c, that you got another one. Are they that much better than the next closest performing machine with a more "traditional" u/c? This is not a stab at PT/Terex at all, please don't take it that way, but they'r reputation for these issues is deffinetly out there. I have no first hand ownership experience, and for my use, a CTL is not necessary and I can get away with a SS with OTT's. Hope you're back in the new one soon, and nice website & work!

/ 2013 Terex PT110 Forestry #23  

Good deal. I'm glad you've got a good dealer. It doesn't matter what brand machine you have, if you don't have a good servicing dealer...you don't have much. I hope you get the bugs ironed out of it, and it turns out to be a great machine for you.

Andy

/ 2013 Terex PT110 Forestry #24  
ALittleDirtWontHurt- how have things been running lately? The dealer must have gotten things ironed out since its been a a little over a week.

ALittleDirtWontHurt- how have things been running lately? The dealer must have gotten things ironed out since its been a a little over a week.

I have put about 60 hours on it so far. Other than vibration shaking a few things loose, it's been running great. My dealer has so far been good at taking care of the few issues I had at first. I have noticed, however, that the fuel tank (plastic) has a tendency to get squished down a bit by the loader arm cylinders as debris gets packed in throughout the day. No matter how often we clean it out, mulching always throws stuff up under the cylinders at the back pivot point. The old PT did the same thing, but the arms came down on metal, not plastic. I'd prefer the plastic tank anyway due to less contamination as the tank ages, but I'm skeptical as to how long it will hold up.
The digital screen is great at giving all kinds of info on the machine conditions, but it's almost distracting. I'm hard wired now to be paranoid of engine and oil temps being in the 200s every time I run after the old PT constantly running hot. The PT110 has stayed in the 170s (engine and hyd oil) even with the AC on full blast and running through a full tank.

/ 2013 Terex PT110 Forestry #26  
I have put about 60 hours on it so far. Other than vibration shaking a few things loose, it's been running great. My dealer has so far been good at taking care of the few issues I had at first. I have noticed, however, that the fuel tank (plastic) has a tendency to get squished down a bit by the loader arm cylinders as debris gets packed in throughout the day. No matter how often we clean it out, mulching always throws stuff up under the cylinders at the back pivot point. The old PT did the same thing, but the arms came down on metal, not plastic. I'd prefer the plastic tank anyway due to less contamination as the tank ages, but I'm skeptical as to how long it will hold up.
The digital screen is great at giving all kinds of info on the machine conditions, but it's almost distracting. I'm hard wired now to be paranoid of engine and oil temps being in the 200s every time I run after the old PT constantly running hot. The PT110 has stayed in the 170s (engine and hyd oil) even with the AC on full blast and running through a full tank.

Be careful with that plastic tank. Anything that heats up and falls on mulching debris can smolder and can actually melt a hole in the tank. Even if it's small, diesel will escape, soak any other debris, and you have a torch under you. Is there a debris kit that will protect the area under the cylinders?

Be careful with that plastic tank. Anything that heats up and falls on mulching debris can smolder and can actually melt a hole in the tank. Even if it's small, diesel will escape, soak any other debris, and you have a torch under you. Is there a debris kit that will protect the area under the cylinders?

Unfortunately, the cylinder arms come down all the way to the fuel tank, leaving little space in between the two. I've been trying to come up with my own fix, but am drawing a blank so far. Terex did do a pretty good job at keeping a lot of the debris from entering the engine compartment as bad as the older ones did.

/ 2013 Terex PT110 Forestry #28  
Ya im not crazy about the arms either.... If ya figure something out give me a heads up...mine is a chewin machine, happy so far

I gotta say I'm impressed with Terex. They sent a service rep up to my shop (all the way from out of state) and did some computer updates and just to reach out in general. Had a chance to run a bit today and the machine was right on.

Eric- I mentioned to the rep about the loader arms debris issue. He said there's a guy out there that fabbed up his own solution and says it's been working pretty well. He's supposed to be sending me some pictures. I'll forward them along when I get them.

/ 2013 Terex PT110 Forestry #30  
I was thinking a car wash sponge... Im gonna see if i can trim one to fit. It should keep the mulch out but not hinder the arms at all. Its just a thought now, will report on it later