Forestry Mulching Question

/ Forestry Mulching Question #1  

Hokie70

Tractor
None
We clearcut 9 acres on the small farm I grew up on in Northumberland County, Virginia. Plans are to plant loblolly pines on about five acres of the area that was just harvested, and plant clover on the remaining four acres.

We have low cut stumps (mostly hardwood) and tree slash remaining.

I love the idea of forestry mulching, but I知 not sure that operators would be interested in small acreage like this.

Should I pursue the forestry mulching idea?

/ Forestry Mulching Question #2  
I don't know of anybody in the mulching business that would turn u down, I would love to get a 9 acre job it's been slooooow down south I'm getting small jobs nothing bigger than a acre or so.

/ Forestry Mulching Question
I don't know of anybody in the mulching business that would turn u down, I would love to get a 9 acre job it's been slooooow down south I'm getting small jobs nothing bigger than a acre or so.

Thanks, that is encouraging to hear.

/ Forestry Mulching Question #4  
9 acres isn't a small job for a smaller machine. Even some of the big machines will take on a 9 acre job with no hesitation at least in my area.
I compete against 200-300hp machines fighting over the same 1 acre lot!

/ Forestry Mulching Question #5  
Have you found anyone to do it? And how much were they charging you per acre? I'm looking for someone too!

We clearcut 9 acres on the small farm I grew up on in Northumberland County, Virginia. Plans are to plant loblolly pines on about five acres of the area that was just harvested, and plant clover on the remaining four acres.

We have low cut stumps (mostly hardwood) and tree slash remaining.

I love the idea of forestry mulching, but I知 not sure that operators would be interested in small acreage like this.

Should I pursue the forestry mulching idea?

/ Forestry Mulching Question #6  
Have you found anyone to do it? And how much were they charging you per acre? I'm looking for someone too!

How far below DC are you guys ? What size is the material and stumps ? How long has it been down ? We are booked for the next several weeks but looking to fill up our schedule for the winter

We plan to have the land clearing done the end of this month or December. Northumberland County Virginia tends to be hot and humid during the summer, so we thought we would wait until cooler weather.

Forestry mulching is my first choice, but we are also looking into other possibilities for grinding the stumps and disking the land to plant clover.

I’ll let you know what happens.

How far below DC are you guys ? What size is the material and stumps ? How long has it been down ? We are booked for the next several weeks but looking to fill up our schedule for the winter

We are about 130 miles from DC.
The tract was clearcut in March of this year. Mostly tree slash, but some hardwood stumps.
IMG3890.jpgIMG3865.jpgIMG3881.jpg

Mark and Candy Eubank (Lotscapes in Doswell Virginia) did a fantastic job, and their Franklin mulcher is amazing! I’ve attached a couple of photos of their machine; I would show before and after pictures of the mulched area, but you really need video to appreciate how fast trees and slash are turned to mulch.

We are now focused on building a gravel road, so we are moving along.

My thanks to everyone who provide advice, both in the forum and through direct messages.

Lotscapes1.jpgLotscapes2.jpg

/ Forestry Mulching Question #10  
Have about 8 acres of land need forestry mulching. Anyone around south Alabama (Andalusia, AL)

doing forestry mulching?

Horace at chd527@centurytel.net