Good bye old friend

/ Good bye old friend #1  

ccstrebe

Tractor
Cat 299D XHP
100_0800.jpg

You served me well. You were 100 times better than the Case 450 CTL but you did have your issues.

Hello beautiful!!

100_0813.JPG

Oh my gosh!! These D models are unreal!! All the issues with the C models have been addressed.

An unexpected surprise was that I thought that the ctl would ride rougher than the mtl but it actually rides smoother since the mtl's didn't have ride control as an option and the ctl does.

As far as the improvements go, I don't even know where to begin:

The Kubota engine purrs as smooth as a kitten. I love the electronic throttle knob. Put it at 3/4 throttle and go. The specs say 27% more torque and they're not lying. Couple that with a totally redesigned hydraulic system and I would venture to say that this machine has more usable power at 5/8 throttle than the 297 had at full throttle.

The controls are buttery smooth. I never had issues with the 297 controls but after using the 299D controls they are defiantly smoother.

The bigger fuel tank was much needed. I haven't checked the fuel economy yet but it's looking like a minimum of 1 1/2, possibly 2 gallons less per hour of fuel than the 297. And that's with 10 more hp and 27% more torque!! Also the Kubota is a lot quieter than whatever they had in the 297.

The chassis is better balanced from front to back than the 297c but maybe even 299c's are that way too, I don't know, I never operated one before.

The one of biggest issue I had with the 297 was the hydraulic coupler. two small hydraulic cylinders, one for each pin, weren't strong enough if the pins started sticking or dirt was packed in the pivot points. The new one is one massive cylinder running the width of the mounting plate. Also, they have metal covers covering the cylinder and pivot points to keep the dirt out.

The air-conditioning is superb. Total redesign and location. 100 degrees here in AZ. now and I have the three speed fan on low. The cab is way better sealed than the 297c was. The weak spot on the 297 cab seal was where the cab sat down on the air conditioning blower/condenser. It was a poor design to say the least. I had it in the shop more than once trying to get that fixed and they never really did.

/ Good bye old friend #3  
New tractors are always neat!

:welcome: to TBN, from Texas!

/ Good bye old friend #5  
That's a nice looking machine. I still miss some aspects of my 272c but NOT the A/C dust problems... Glad they got it right on the d series.

/ Good bye old friend #6  
Whats something like that ballpark at???

/ Good bye old friend #7  
We have FAE mulcher , and the tooth is good

Please quit plugging your product on here and pay the web host to advertise like Fecon or the others.

/ Good bye old friend #8  
:welcome: to TBN, Can I borrow it?

/ Good bye old friend #10  
I had no idea having never shopped for one...

It's amazing what a skilled operator can do...

Several of the contractors around here now only have dump truck/trailer, a skid steer and a small excavator... no more TLBs