Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: New Rock Bucket

I have an applicators license so I can buy the chemicals, not sure if I'll use Remedy or Surmount. I have a friend who has a spraying company, gonna see which one he likes and go with it. I'll let you know what I find out. I would like to use the rock bucket on bigger pear and in areas where the pear is pretty dense, and then spot spray the smaller ones. I agree, it can take a long time for them to die, and then you have a dead plant that is not very attractive, and taking up space where grass could grow. That's why I was thinking about a mix of digging and spraying. I can rent a skid steer with a bucket for about a $1000 for a week, so I'm thinking about taking off a week sometime this summer and seeing what I can get done. I'll let you know on the chemicals, there is a pretty good brochure and pamplet by TAMU on pear control with spraying. Google or You Tube Brush Busters Prickly Pear Control or something like it and you'll find it if you haven't already. Thanks for the info, talk with you later.

Tractor
    Branson 2910i

I've been using this attachment to drag out many of the pear. It's a 3pt adaptor for the FEL which has a 6' rake attached. I can reach in under trees and brush, drop the rake over the pear and back out. It tears them out by the roots and I then push them into a pile where I can pick them up with the bucket. It is time consuming but is the best way I've found to get at the hard to reach places.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -001-jpg  
    DW

"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
    ~ James D. Miles

Tractor
    Branson 2910i

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Tucker View Post
    How did the rock bucket work on the prickly pear? I have some land in Burnet and am thinking about using one on the larger plants, and spraying smaller ones. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    I took it to the property this weekend and hooked it up. I was concerned about my measurements on the QA brackets but they worked. I dropped it in front of a few pear and put the FEL in "float". Being that heavy, the bucket lies flat and catches the root as low as possible. It works great. I even pushed out some Holly. Now to find some time to use it. These days, by noon it gets too hot to stay on the tractor and bake.
    DW

"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
    ~ James D. Miles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12