New Rock Bucket

/ New Rock Bucket #1  

DeeDubya

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 2910i
I bought this Armstrong Ag rock bucket to help with clearing prickly pear and of course rocks. I'm hoping the teeth on this bucket will grab the pear and tear them out by the roots. My regular bucket just slides over them. This is their smallest at 60" but a hefty 600 lbs. It's designed to sit flat and slide under the rocks. Anyone else try one of these. Can't wait to try it on the pear which are difficult to deal with.

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    792 KB · Views: 687
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    844.1 KB · Views: 947
   / New Rock Bucket #2  
looks good. A rock bucket is on my 2buy list.....

/ New Rock Bucket #3  
I think you'll be happy with that rock bucket design for grubbing up prickly pear cactus. I'm not sure how well it will work as a rock bucket because of how close the tines are spaced. If you have very dry loose soil, it will probably be great. Clay or wet soils will be a challenge to get the bucket to shed everything except the rocks. It's always a tradeoff and your bucket looks to be very good for lots of chores. If you put a simple thumb grapple on it, you'll double its usefulness too.

/ New Rock Bucket
This property is on a bedrock dome. Beneath the 2-3" of soil is solid rock. So this bucket will just slide on top and not penetrate any soil to speak of. As resilient as these native plants are, they are able to grow and prosper, but their root system just penetrates cracks in the rock. I still intend to sharpen the tines a little to get a better grip on the pear. Should work on Holly and some other brushy plants too.

Attachments

• 852 Oakwood 041.jpg
    852 Oakwood 041.jpg
    781.6 KB · Views: 245
   / New Rock Bucket #5  
Nice! Add a grapple :thumbsup:

/ New Rock Bucket #6  
As a happy grapple owner, I concur.
That said. Nice bucket. If that won't do the job for you, then nothing mechanical will.

Good luck and let us know how it works for you.

/ New Rock Bucket #8  
How did the rock bucket work on the prickly pear? I have some land in Burnet and am thinking about using one on the larger plants, and spraying smaller ones. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

/ New Rock Bucket
I haven't had a chance to use it. I had to first put these brackets on so it will fit my Branson's quick attach. Branson's QA is good but it's hard to find attachments ready to go. Hopefully I'll get it up to the place this weekend.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    848.1 KB · Views: 277
   / New Rock Bucket
How did the rock bucket work on the prickly pear? I have some land in Burnet and am thinking about using one on the larger plants, and spraying smaller ones. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I will spray some of those that are hard to get to with the tractor, but it just takes a long time for them to die. I understand Dow Surmount is supposed to be good but I don't have a license to buy it. What do you plan to spray with?