My new Torrent Mulcher EX30

/ My new Torrent Mulcher EX30 #1  

Cooter Brown

Bronze Member
Got it last week. Finally all hooked up and running. Mounted on a KX161. I know most of you guys in the mulching buisness have much larger equipment but I would appreciate any tips that might help me out. Thanks in advance!

/ My new Torrent Mulcher EX30 #2  
That sounds like a great little setup. Got any pics? Have you tried it out yet? How big of material can you mulch? I love seeing pictures of mulchers, and pictures of mini ex's, but both of them together, that would be cool to see :thumbsup:

/ My new Torrent Mulcher EX30 #3  
Yeah pics are good! Torrent mulchers are made not "that" far from me. Im curious to how well they work. What about those round carbide teeth, are they holding up?

/ My new Torrent Mulcher EX30
I have put about 10 hours on it and there is a learning curve. On my machine(19gpm) it will handle the small stuff really good. Once you start getting up too 10 inch trees it slows down. Of course I have no idea on what to compare it's performance too. Here is a video of me doing a Cedar tree. It was about 10 inch size at the bottom. Torrent said the mulcher should handle 6 inch and smaller well on my size machine.

VID_20130615_165134_086.mp4 - YouTube

I still have not perfected the feed rate. I did not purchase it thinking I could do really big stuff it was more for underbrush and small trees.

I was playing around with large tree on the ground.

VID_20130615_164849_499.mp4 - YouTube

/ My new Torrent Mulcher EX30 #5  
I have put about 10 hours on it and there is a learning curve. On my machine(19gpm) it will handle the small stuff really good. Once you start getting up too 10 inch trees it slows down. Of course I have no idea on what to compare it's performance too. Here is a video of me doing a Cedar tree. It was about 10 inch size at the bottom. Torrent said the mulcher should handle 6 inch and smaller well on my size machine.

VID_20130615_165134_086.mp4 - YouTube

I still have not perfected the feed rate. I did not purchase it thinking I could do really big stuff it was more for underbrush and small trees.

I was playing around with large tree on the ground.

VID_20130615_164849_499.mp4 - YouTube

Yeah your maxing it out there.. It handles it, just slow though. How is it in lighter brush? I imagine it just mows through anything under 3"

/ My new Torrent Mulcher EX30 #6  
Where are you located?

/ My new Torrent Mulcher EX30
Yeah your maxing it out there.. It handles it, just slow though. How is it in lighter brush? I imagine it just mows through anything under 3"

It does well on the smaller stuff. It does not do Grass well. I do septic systems and on many jobs I have too clear underbrush out for the system and hopefully this will allow me too add income by mulching the brush up rather than leaving it in a pile on the property. A bigger machine would be better but this is the best solution for me right now. The head will work on an 8 ton machine as well without a motor change so if I get a bigger machine I am ready.