Bronze Member

Default My new Torrent Mulcher EX30

Got it last week. Finally all hooked up and running. Mounted on a KX161. I know most of you guys in the mulching buisness have much larger equipment but I would appreciate any tips that might help me out. Thanks in advance!

Tractor
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410

Default Re: My new Torrent Mulcher EX30

That sounds like a great little setup. Got any pics? Have you tried it out yet? How big of material can you mulch? I love seeing pictures of mulchers, and pictures of mini ex's, but both of them together, that would be cool to see
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410 - WR Long 64" Grapple (best attachment ever!) QA front forks, rear forks, Brown 472 HD Rotary Mower, Land Pride RBT4096 hydro blade, Woods 7200 Power Rake, homemade 3 pt log splitter, Land Pride rake/blade combo, Land Pride HRL 3578 box blade (Hydro scarifiers), Shaver SC50 3 pt. Stumpgrinder, FitRiteHydraulics TnT, 6" Vermeer PTO Chipper (Hydro feed), Disc Plow, Ratchet Rake, LP HD25 Hydraulic PHD, Woodmizer LT15 portable sawmill
    Rear Remotes Install

Tractor
    BX 25, ZD 326

Yeah pics are good! Torrent mulchers are made not "that" far from me. Im curious to how well they work. What about those round carbide teeth, are they holding up?

Bronze Member

I have put about 10 hours on it and there is a learning curve. On my machine(19gpm) it will handle the small stuff really good. Once you start getting up too 10 inch trees it slows down. Of course I have no idea on what to compare it's performance too. Here is a video of me doing a Cedar tree. It was about 10 inch size at the bottom. Torrent said the mulcher should handle 6 inch and smaller well on my size machine.

VID_20130615_165134_086.mp4 - YouTube

I still have not perfected the feed rate. I did not purchase it thinking I could do really big stuff it was more for underbrush and small trees.

I was playing around with large tree on the ground.

VID_20130615_164849_499.mp4 - YouTube

Tractor
    BX 25, ZD 326

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter Brown View Post
    I have put about 10 hours on it and there is a learning curve. On my machine(19gpm) it will handle the small stuff really good. Once you start getting up too 10 inch trees it slows down. Of course I have no idea on what to compare it's performance too. Here is a video of me doing a Cedar tree. It was about 10 inch size at the bottom. Torrent said the mulcher should handle 6 inch and smaller well on my size machine.

VID_20130615_165134_086.mp4 - YouTube

I still have not perfected the feed rate. I did not purchase it thinking I could do really big stuff it was more for underbrush and small trees.

I was playing around with large tree on the ground.

VID_20130615_164849_499.mp4 - YouTube
    Yeah your maxing it out there.. It handles it, just slow though. How is it in lighter brush? I imagine it just mows through anything under 3"

Tractor
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410

Where are you located?
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410 - WR Long 64" Grapple (best attachment ever!) QA front forks, rear forks, Brown 472 HD Rotary Mower, Land Pride RBT4096 hydro blade, Woods 7200 Power Rake, homemade 3 pt log splitter, Land Pride rake/blade combo, Land Pride HRL 3578 box blade (Hydro scarifiers), Shaver SC50 3 pt. Stumpgrinder, FitRiteHydraulics TnT, 6" Vermeer PTO Chipper (Hydro feed), Disc Plow, Ratchet Rake, LP HD25 Hydraulic PHD, Woodmizer LT15 portable sawmill
    Rear Remotes Install

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Piston View Post
    Where are you located?
    Jackson, Ga

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby074 View Post
    Yeah your maxing it out there.. It handles it, just slow though. How is it in lighter brush? I imagine it just mows through anything under 3"
    It does well on the smaller stuff. It does not do Grass well. I do septic systems and on many jobs I have too clear underbrush out for the system and hopefully this will allow me too add income by mulching the brush up rather than leaving it in a pile on the property. A bigger machine would be better but this is the best solution for me right now. The head will work on an 8 ton machine as well without a motor change so if I get a bigger machine I am ready.