Wet year for mulching

/ Wet year for mulching #1  

McCaskey

Silver Member
Unusually wet year for the northeast. Second time I sank this year.
I always get the door off the machine ASAP. When the machine continues to sink, the arms will raise blocking the door from opening.

This was a cable & block job to drag machine out of mud with another tractor, operator & half a day lost.

WP_20130615_001.jpg

/ Wet year for mulching #2  
Yup, pretty wet here too. I'd hate to have to push out the "emergency" window & get out that way, it's not all that simple to leave out the front door let alone turning around and squeezing out the back door! Glad you got out.

/ Wet year for mulching #3  
Unusually wet year for the northeast. Second time I sank this year.
I always get the door off the machine ASAP. When the machine continues to sink, the arms will raise blocking the door from opening.

This was a cable & block job to drag machine out of mud with another tractor, operator & half a day lost.

View attachment 325090

Sorry to see that. Been there but with a skidsteer with OTT tracks or just tires. No fun. Busted my winch cable once trying to do a straight pull with 12k winch.

Glad you got the machine out, though.

/ Wet year for mulching #4  
Got mine stuck 4 times this past week on the same job.

I had the mini x there though and recovery was straight forward and timely.

Attachments

• image-4265146858.jpg
    image-4265146858.jpg
    738 KB · Views: 239
  • image-165132495.jpg
    image-165132495.jpg
    774.7 KB · Views: 174
   / Wet year for mulching #5  
We're fighting dust here. Town's well's are going dry. Setting records for heat.
You guy's send some of that rain out west, I'd like to try some of that getting stuck stuff.

Andy

/ Wet year for mulching #6  
It seems like we are getting a 3" rain every week here in west KY. It was a good think I cleaned out a lot of drainage ditches last summer when it did not rain for about 10 weeks. The county road mowing crew is typically one tractor but yesterday I noticed they are using two on the same road with the second one just behind the lead one. Both had clevis and chains so they could pull each other out. The bat wings sink fast in a soft side ditch.

In fact out of the next 30 day forecast there are only FIVE days they have no rain forecast and they are near the end of JULY.