northern has 17" logging/skidding swivel tongs on sale for 17$; five less with coupon

/ northern has 17" logging/skidding swivel tongs on sale for 17$; five less with coupon #11  
Re: northern has 17" logging/skidding swivel tongs on sale for 17$; five less with co

You guys must have gotten the last ones. I put in the number and got a message that the tongs are, "No longer available".

/ northern has 17" logging/skidding swivel tongs on sale for 17$; five less with coupon #12  
Re: northern has 17" logging/skidding swivel tongs on sale for 17$; five less with co

Yeah, I missed it too. I am a pretty dedicated choker-chain guy, but for that price couldn't ignore the tongs.

/ northern has 17" logging/skidding swivel tongs on sale for 17$; five less with coupon #13  

When I had access to tongs, it was mighty convenient not to have to fish a chain under the log.

/ northern has 17" logging/skidding swivel tongs on sale for 17$; five less with coupon #14  

Got a chance to try out mine today. A standing dead oak, about 12" or so at the base, decided to lie down at the tree line in the back yard, breaking off at ground level. I ran a tie down chain across the chain hooks on the 1025R's FEL bucket to get a centered pull point & hung the tongs at the the center of the "V", then applied the tongs to the tree. Lifted the bucket & backed away, dragging the oak out of the tree line & over to the wood pile area. Worked great, the tips were plenty sharp to dig in when pull was applied after setting them with just hand pressure.

Nick

/ northern has 17" logging/skidding swivel tongs on sale for 17$; five less with coupon

Glad to hear that they worked, sorry to hear you had to 'test' them so soon. I have not even had a chance to swing by the store and pick mine up yet.