Mulching in New Hampshire

/ Mulching in New Hampshire #1  

liberty2701

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti Dk50se hst
I will be looking to clear maybe three acres of land {for possible agriculture use} that has been logged heavily 25 years ago. Mostlty 2 to 6 inch trees with some 12" pine. I came across a mulching service up here called Brontosaurus. Any experience with this service up here in the north? Thanks

/ Mulching in New Hampshire #2  
Agricultural use? A mulcher will not remove the stumps, and it will be hard to plow it with the stumps still there. I think a dozer would be a better choice, they can get the entire tree including stump out.

/ Mulching in New Hampshire #3  
I had a couple 25 yr. old spruce that were in the way for an addition to the house . They used an excavator they had to dig out the foundation and it made short order of those spruce trees with the bucket and grapple .

/ Mulching in New Hampshire #4  
Did Brontosarus visit the site with you and talk about their process and what the end result will look like? They should be able to tell you if they can do the job to your spec and provide a cost.

I don't know how dense the growth is but you may need to do some cutting first, followed by grubbing with an excavator or dozer.