Seppi 200 Miniforest PTO driven forest mulcher

/ Seppi 200 Miniforest PTO driven forest mulcher #41  
Guessing you are running a kubota from your profile pictyre. But if for some reason it is a deere, GR makes some great stuff. I ran thier guard package on my 333d skid steer when I had it. If not they do have plenty of pics to give you some ideas at least. Agricultural Tractor Products

They look to have some sweet stuff. Yes, I have a Kubota. Although the site says exclusively deere, I emailed them anyhow. I doubt anything is universal but maybe they can give me a reference to someone who does produce protection for other brands. Thank you.!

/ Seppi 200 Miniforest PTO driven forest mulcher #42  
Not knowing the shape and flair of your windows on the rear of the cab but have you gone down and looked at putting in poly-carbonate replacement? It may very well not be possible or not be viable cost wise but I would at least investigate it especially if the rear glass is flat with no flared edges. It would be a one time cost (hopefully) and would not have to be installed/uninstalled each time. I would expect some vibration but not too severe but I am not familiar with the FAE you got. My head is on a 12K unit thus there is a lot of mass to try to vibrate. When I was looking at a CTL for my Fecon I was talking to the different manufacturers and Kubota (I did not buy their unit) had a safety forestry factory door that was outrageous. The dealer said that most folks went down to the local supplier and just bought the Lexan and bolted it in at less than a $1000. I did buy the ASV and the door is a flat piece and they told me that it is more cost effective to buy Lexan/poly-carbonate and use it over the factory overpriced Lexan. Cut it to shape and bolt it in. The design is good because there is no flair to the edges which really ups the cost. That is why I addressed the issue if you had flared rear glass because it might get really costly. See if you can find someone that has the Tractor guard unit. Ask the supplier who they have sold it to and contact them directly. Ask for several names. If they are not willing to supply names then I would walk away from it.

Very good, I will ask for references!

Yes, the rear glass is flat and would be easy to get a piece to cover it. I'll have to look at a price comparison. The rear side windows are curve (their price was $220 for each window, which may be worth it).

Yeah, you have a bit more mass. I believe I'm around 6,000lbs not counting the mulcher.

My plan is for me to cut nothing more jan 3" and at most 4" with the CTL to cut the bigger stuff.

Lots of research to do!!! I am appreciating all the help!

/ Seppi 200 Miniforest PTO driven forest mulcher #43  
My Fendt has no guarding and it has never be a problem. The Valtras have a steel guard frame in front of the rear window with steel mesh on it . The bottom half also has window screen over that . Wood has never been a problem . WIRE is deadly . It wraps and breaks off on the rear of the mulcher . The only window that was broke was from barbed wire . I have had it go threw hydraulic hose and damage lexan . Always scan for wire when starting a job.

/ Seppi 200 Miniforest PTO driven forest mulcher #44  
The new large PTO mulchers we run have turbo clutches. One can stall the head completely and just back up or lift the head and it restarts . It is set to work at a hp you set . I run 3 pto heads and 3 hydraulic . What is best depends on the wood . Large willow is the worst . The 300 Bron with 250 fecon shines here . Medium wood and ROW maintenance , the 191 Valtra and 125 fecon is hands down leader . Large logs The title goes to Fendt with Cancela or Seppi . On in ground work , Fendt and Seppi . If only one machine is allowed , I am afraid I would have to pick a well maintained GT 25 . It is the only machine that will cut smaller willow and scrub cleanly and will work great on everything else if not abused . Also , chips and snow don稚 pack in the tracks . For the record , in 15 years of mulching , we have never had and pto drive problem exept for electrical .

Hi Bill,im very interested in more information about these Turbo clutches?(who makes them etc?)we are running a 8295r john deer and have a 2.5 seppi mulcher on it and are having alot of trouble with the cam clutch,any info would be greatly appreciated,thanks Darrin

/ Seppi 200 Miniforest PTO driven forest mulcher #45  
Darrin, this is a 2 year old post and I'm not sure about Bill seeing your question. To me, it sounds as if this clutch is part of (integral to) his "larger PTO mulchers" and not an "add on". I am not in the business, and this is just the way I took it. Good luck!

/ Seppi 200 Miniforest PTO driven forest mulcher #46  
Turbo clutches are actually fluid couplings between the PTO shaft and the gearbox . Made in all sizes by Voith and Siemens . They are an option on TMC Cancella mulchers . I haven稚 made a video yet but I will find a link . Valtra 151 has front weights , 191 has an 8 inch pipe bumper full of shot an old hammers .Both bi-di . videos on U tube 釘ill Stecik 納url]https://youtu.be/aEPDpeh4lMg[/url] Copy and paste this link to see a cancella on a 360 fendt being abused to the max to demonstrate the clutch .TMC Cancela TFR 225 - YouTubeTmc cancela tfr225 voith turbo clutched - YouTube
Mulching Logged Out Area 2014 - YouTubeValtra and Seppi multiforst Making Pasture - YouTubeForest tilling after Rome plough - YouTube

Oops, we both missed this from Bill.:thumbsup:

/ Seppi 200 Miniforest PTO driven forest mulcher #47  
Darrin, Barco make a friction clutch that works well when setup properly and is easy to maintain. Most tractor dealers have them in stock here in Oz so it maybe the same in Kiwi land.

/ Seppi 200 Miniforest PTO driven forest mulcher #48  
Perfect thanks,now i just need to find a dealer here?Thanks very much