Parting out Fecon/ ASV mulching head

/ Parting out Fecon/ ASV mulching head #1  

Johnnybee

Hey gents, we had a major failure with our Fecon mulching head... the drum exploded and not worth repairing to us. If anyone is looking for parts let me know.

Less than 1000 hours on it. It has Quadco holders and double sided carbides and the trap door. All bearings, variable displacement motor and hoses are in good condition.

Let me know. Thanks. Jonathan

/ Parting out Fecon/ ASV mulching head #2  
Hey gents, we had a major failure with our Fecon mulching head... the drum exploded and not worth repairing to us. If anyone is looking for parts let me know.

Less than 1000 hours on it. It has Quadco holders and double sided carbides and the trap door. All bearings, variable displacement motor and hoses are in good condition.

Let me know. Thanks. Jonathan

Gees that's not good. Can you enlighten us as what happened?

/ Parting out Fecon/ ASV mulching head
Gees that's not good. Can you enlighten us as what happened?

Not really sure how it happened - was grinding a 4" tree and all of a sudden I hear a bang, then could tell the drum was binding. There were no visible cracks from the outside of the drum when I was looking at it earlier that day Less than 1000 hrs.... :mad::confused:

17373390165_50b7fc1268_o.jpg

/ Parting out Fecon/ ASV mulching head #4  
Now that one **** of a bugger. Won't Fecon warranty it? IMHO it looks like the wall of the rotor is to thin. Ive bent the rotor twice on my old style Fecon(6500hrs), never experienced anything close to that.

/ Parting out Fecon/ ASV mulching head #5  
Hey gents, we had a major failure with our Fecon mulching head... the drum exploded and not worth repairing to us.

Can you give us an idea as to how much that would cost to repair. I am looking at getting a Fecon head and that is rather disturbing for such a low timehead. Fecon won't stand behind it?
Since you said it was not worth repairing I am certain they denied it but at least you know the cost they quoted.
Thanks

/ Parting out Fecon/ ASV mulching head #6  
I would think Fecon would be very interested in looking at that drum and replacing it. That could have killed someone had it not binded up. What year model was that with only 1000 hours?

/ Parting out Fecon/ ASV mulching head #7  
And it has all the same cracks on the trap door that mine has !!!They had a solution for mine but wanted me to phone them just a minor time zone thing.There customer service is poor

We are still waiting on a different response from Fecon. I will keep this thread updated as it unfolds. Thanks

Well, I do have to say Fecon Is taking good care of us. They are having our head shipped to their facility for inspection and a full rebuild all on their dime. We are happy campers here. It's refreshing when a company stands behind their product!

/ Parting out Fecon/ ASV mulching head #10  
Can't remember who it was but few years ago Someone had the same problem I think the drum was made of 1/2" instead of 3/4". If I remember right fecon replace the drum with the thicker drum at no cost to the customer.