Well, I got it......

/ Well, I got it...... #1  

ALMLLC

Tractor
Kubota L4240, Cat 299c, John Deere 310d, Raptor 800
I'v enjoyed lurking on here for while now. Really appreciated learning from everyone and tried to stay with the listen and learn idea of things. I might have something folks will be interested in now. I'v increased my fleet and bought the second Raptor 800 to jump onto the North American Continent. Looks like I'll get to vet it. I guess now we'll see if I sink or swim but I thought i'd let ya'll see if it all goes down in a blaze of glory or not.

http://youtu.be/yKi_AdRZzWc

image.jpgimage.jpg

/ Well, I got it...... #2  
Nice machine! What teeth do you use for rock grinding?

/ Well, I got it...... #3  
Beast of a machine any reason you chose this over the Large (550hp+) Fecon, Gyrotrac, Bron, Nokamic or others? Did you demo anything else before taking the dive?

/ Well, I got it......
Nice machine! What teeth do you use for rock grinding?

They have alot of different teeth. Im using a really heavy carbide right now for the rock. It wasnt designed for it so its still a work in progress and a lot of trial and error. I will say AWHI Prinoth knows how to make some tuff tooling IMHO. There is alot of wear in a short amount of time so its a matter of figuring out the exact costs vs. output. It could be good it could be bad. So far its been interesting :) Nothing like gambling with thousands and thousands of $..............

/ Well, I got it...... #5  
Well, hopefully there's a nice payoff for the gamble in your future.

/ Well, I got it...... #6  
Really nice youtube video.

/ Well, I got it...... #7  
Mount Everest from now is in danger :shocked:.

/ Well, I got it......
Beast of a machine any reason you chose this over the Large (550hp+) Fecon, Gyrotrac, Bron, Nokamic or others? Did you demo anything else before taking the dive?

Well i'll admit I never even thought I would be close to getting into a machine of this size in the next 15 years. But, I"v watched the industry and the machines for a long time cause i'm in the small mulching industry already and i'm just an equipment nut in general. I never saw a machine, even the big ones, that satisfied me on the effeiceny levels of the power transfer from the motor to the rotor. The heat generated and the power used to get rid of that heat also always concerned me. I was contacted about this machine and at first ignored it as another sales speech but my curiosity got to strong and against my better judgement I listened to a redneck mechanic that decided he wanted to sell this brand. Trust me, he is very unconventional to say the least, enough that he would even take this statement as a compliment. He owns CMX Industries in Mollala, OR. So long story short i looked at it, then ran it, alot. They were willing to let me let it prove it's self. I was impressed, alot of innovative stuff that seems to work well. Hopefully it has longevity as well. They really did an incredible job of packing alot of HP and good ideas into a nicely sized package while still being easy to work on. Thats a long answer probably, in short. Time will tell if I made a good decision or not. SO far they have been awesome to work with, a few hiccups like parts supply in these early days, but they are doing their best to mitigate that as fast as they can. I'm kind of a test dummy, but i'm a happy dummy. I'm making it do things like rock crushing that it wasn't designed to do but I'm modifying as I go and I guess we'll see :) I just feel blessed to have an opportunity like this at my age. Sorry if this is not written or proof read well, just catching this real quick while i'm waiting to look at a job.