Independent dual hydraulic controls on CTL mulchers

/ Independent dual hydraulic controls on CTL mulchers #1  

Silvic

Gold Member
Tractor
I was talking with the Fecon rep and he mentioned that there were two options for the optional door on the bullhog mulcher. One was for the diverter valve controlled trap door (more expensive) and the other was for the normally controlled door for power units (prime movers) that have independent hydraulic systems controls for both high flow and normal flow to the head. (i.e. the 3/4 inch and the 1/2 inch Quick connects can be powered independently.) I started looking around at the different CTL units I was considering to see which category they fell into.

I know there are lots of folks on here that have used different models/brands for years and have much more wide expereince than I, so thought I would ask: Which CTL's have independent/two hydraulic flow controls to the head of the unit. I have found none so far, but even the dealers look at me and say they have never been asked that before.

/ Independent dual hydraulic controls on CTL mulchers #2  
Just Terex/ ASV have 5 (2 -3/4", 2 - 1/2" and one case drain) couplers that are controlled separately.

/ Independent dual hydraulic controls on CTL mulchers #3  
I would have thought that most CTLs would use the low flow for the mulcher door as they are the same connections used for 4 n 1 buckets and grapples etc. The hiflow should be a independant curcuit.

/ Independent dual hydraulic controls on CTL mulchers #4  
Bobcat has secondary auxiliary hydraulics. I have secondary auxiliary on my M series and had them on my K series and G series machines to open and close my mulching door or I could run a tilt tatch with a hydraulic operated land plane or 4n1 bucket. In total, I have 5 hoses all routed to the same side of the machine. On bobcat, the left joystick thumb switch operates the secondary hydraulics and the right operates the main auxiliary flow.

/ Independent dual hydraulic controls on CTL mulchers #5  
Yellow Dog I would be interested in knowing about your low flow hydraulics. I have had two m series machines a T770 and currently only one T870. Neither had a standard low flow circuit in addition to the high flow. I have scoured the parts books and all I could find was the optional kit for rear auxiliary hydraulics. I had considered using the rear auxiliary kit and modifying by plumbing it down one of the booms. Is this what you did or is there another option I am not aware of. Will be very interesting to see your reply.

/ Independent dual hydraulic controls on CTL mulchers #6  
I should have been more clear with my response, as far as I know, Terex are the only current/new machines that have high and low flow couplings that work independently. Most other machines use the same couplers for either high flow or low flow attachments. I got into an argument over this with our Cat guy because I've seen 299D's with 5 couplers, he said they are simplied tee'd off near the couplers so you have one pair of hydraulic lines going to them. Its actually a better design in my opinion - 3 lines total vs. 5 - less lines to burst, pinch, hook up, leak etc.