Skid loader nounted stump grinders

/ Skid loader nounted stump grinders #1  

Marek

Silver Member
Hope we made the right choice, we ordered a Miller Machine stump grinder with the upgraded wheel . There only seem to be a few different units to choose from. We will put this one to the test with in the first month, it will easily get 100-200
hrs in the first month . Has anyone else found a product equal to or better than the Miller unit ?

/ Skid loader nounted stump grinders
We started using or Miller stump grinder yesterday. Nice heavy duty unit. Welds are solid, all wearguard hydrolic hoses. Cuts oak stumps great. Should have 24 hrs on it by Sunday evening.

/ Skid loader nounted stump grinders #3  
We started using or Miller stump grinder yesterday. Nice heavy duty unit. Welds are solid, all wearguard hydrolic hoses. Cuts oak stumps great. Should have 24 hrs on it by Sunday evening.
we don't really have a lot of options in this part of the world unless you want to import so I built my own.I think hi flow hydraulics is the key to getting through alot of stumps fast and recovery time when the wheel slows.I did look at the millers but we had a time crunch so built one and have about 600hrs on it with no issues.

/ Skid loader nounted stump grinders #4  
IMG_1549.jpgIMG_1548.jpg

/ Skid loader nounted stump grinders #5  
Wow - now thats a stump!!

Here is a pic while it was still new and clean. We also bought a Woods PTO stump grinder that we will run side by side with the Miller unit. I will post pics and reviews of both at the end of the week as they will get plenty of run time.

Attachments

• miller stump grinder 2 (640x360).jpg
    miller stump grinder 2 (640x360).jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 203
Run away from these units. No stop breaking and problems. Will give a detailed account later this week

/ Skid loader nounted stump grinders #8  
Interested in what you found. I thought the woods unit looked pretty nice, at least on paper

/ Skid loader nounted stump grinders #9  
I'm very interested in the details also. The Woods I can see being light duty but the Miller looks to be very well built.

Matt

The Miller had so many problems in the first 35 hrs that they want it sent back to them, with no concern for the job that we need to complete . From what we are finding out the Miller was bought out by the Stonebrook group and quality has gone out the window. It was supposed to come from the factory ready to hook up to our Cat machines. Not only were they not wired for the Cat machines but they were half assed wired ! They tried to blame the wiring on our dealer that we bought the unit thru. So a few hundred dollars in micro electronic crimpers and pins later we now have 5 out of 6 functions. Then all of the hydraulic fittings were marked as tightened yet they all leaked, Every single fitting ! Then we think we have it up and running for a bit only to have two o rings blow out at different times at the fitting block and dump all the fluid out of the machine twice ! And the final was the wheel is scoring the housing on the drive pump and we believe the wheel has a crack in the weld. We have pics of all of the problems. Nor does the wheel seat to the hub properly. Their only answers were to send it back. I'm going to send it somewhere alright ! Our only contact is a guy in customer service who tried to do his job but it is obvious that his hands are tied
As for the Woods, it has been our saving grace , fingers crossed. Here is a pic of the miller dumping oil while the Woods continues to work

Attachments

• Miller dumping oil (640x360).jpg
    Miller dumping oil (640x360).jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 219