Cat 299D2 XHP

/ Cat 299D2 XHP #1  

bhoderny

I just ordered a cat 299d2 xhp with the land management package and a HM415B mulcher. Just seeing if anyone has any pointers or experience with with this machine and know of things to watch out for. Any input would be appreciated! Machine won't be here till December so now we have to patiently wait.

/ Cat 299D2 XHP #2  
Speed sensors, I had to build guards for mine kept breaking them.

/ Cat 299D2 XHP #4  
Speed sensors, I had to build guards for mine kept breaking them.

Would you be willing to take a picture of them or possibly build some more? I need them for my 299xhp

/ Cat 299D2 XHP #5  
I just ordered a cat 299d2 xhp with the land management package and a HM415B mulcher. Just seeing if anyone has any pointers or experience with with this machine and know of things to watch out for. Any input would be appreciated! Machine won't be here till December so now we have to patiently wait.

see these post are a little old however I feel we need to post this
The start of the season we buught two new 299d xhp to replace one we sold and one that burned
one rubber track and one steel and for some reason about 80 hours into there life we started getting codes like Diesel aftertreatment #1 oxidation catalyst intake gas high most sever 3 with a code 4765-0
both machines were very clean Cat guy basically told me they were working on it but had not seen this before I was the only one
later this summer they replaced all the fuel system . which solved the problem however we had no problem
My cat dealer later bought the steel track back
We also used a new 299d2 xhp and it displayed some of the same codes
cat told us that the new machines are set to derate to 22 gpm when they get hot

/ Cat 299D2 XHP #6  
CAT actually makes speed sensor guards now. I blew out a bunch of them and then they installed guards on them under warranty since it was such a know problem. Haven't had an issue since. Definitely would go with the auxiliary roof top cooler as it makes a huge difference. I have heard of lots of problems with the new kubota motors and DEF. Still wouldn't buy a different brand.

/ Cat 299D2 XHP #7  
We have a 299d2 xhp 2015 model bought it new and the first 250 hours car changed out the entire regen system but let me add that was one part at a time because they could not figure out why it was not regenerating, next the machine started bogging down so cat changed out the engine well that didn't fix it so they changed out the hydraulic system so basically at 1400 hours we had a new machine , a 150 hours later the machine is back at dealership for the same issues I believe I've taken it at least 20 times in the 1600 hours I've put on the machine. This machine has done nothing but stress me the heck out . I'm done with it.