Self built Mulcher .

/ Self built Mulcher . #21  
Will you be mounting the motor on rubber blocks ?? I personally would just so if will vibrate some with the mulcher shaking so much

/ Self built Mulcher . #22  
Hi.I think I will subscribe to your topic.

/ Self built Mulcher .
Started building the cabin floor and the fitting of the Grammer air ride seat .

cabin floor 005.JPG

Tony , I got your phone message yesterday when I went to town as we have no mobile service at home . I could not return your call as the phone does not log a number if it goes straight to message bank and you didn't leave a number .

/ Self built Mulcher . #26  
Looks to be coming along nicely. I like the way you're keeping the weight low for stability. What is the width over the tracks and length? Do you have a ballpark on what it will weigh?

/ Self built Mulcher .
Looks to be coming along nicely. I like the way you're keeping the weight low for stability. What is the width over the tracks and length? Do you have a ballpark on what it will weigh?

Thank you , the track width is 1800mm , the tracks are just under 3000mm . I think it will weigh around 7 tonne with the head .

All but about 1.5 tonne will be below 1200mm in height to it should be pretty stable .

Radiator is going in today , it is new , old stock out of a Cat loader and is very heavy which is what I want . I want as much weight as I can get hanging out back to counter the weight of the head .

3pl 009.JPG

/ Self built Mulcher .
Me too. Love seeing creative engineering!!!!!

It just got a little more "creative" , I am on the hunt for a 2 ton excavator arm for the front of it . It will have a small tree shear on the end so I can snip trees off and feed them straight into a front mounted woodchipper on the machine . I will go through the paddock first with the chipper and then again with the mulcher to clean up the stumps and rubbish . Mulchers in general are too slow at processing whole trees . A chipper with 175hp driving it will chip them in seconds .

I will also be able to rake debris with the arm from tight places and direct it into the mulcher . The arm will also be able to run a small flail mower for mowing embankments etc .

arm.JPG

/ Self built Mulcher . #30  
Another amazing thread on TBN