image-1519012747.jpg

/ Sharpening replacing FAE DML/TWIN teeth
image-2996365077.jpg

image-3488216385.jpg

image-2341118177.jpg

So, these are Type E teeth which are hardened steel not carbide as most others are.

I am curious
1) how many hours are guys getting on a set of teeth and or between sharpening. (I realize with different hardness trees and rocks etc. can change the time frame but I am curious on an average).

These teeth became somewhat rounded so to speak as you can see it the photo. They still worked great but assume the were clubbing the wood crushing it as appose to cutting it. This is why I chose to simply put an edge back on them.

I know these teeth are reversible and also have a second set of teeth but I'd like to get the most life out of each side as I can.

2) Also, being this unit is a TWIN, meaning I can rotate which side the three point is, I'm curious if anyone has used it both ways and can state the pros / cons of each direction. Typically I drive backword into larger stuff, then pull forward over thinner brush to chip better. Curious who actually has this machine and done both. Being this machine is fairly new on the market (2 years I think) and the smallest unit (aside from the 125 model) FAE manufactures there isn't a ton of info on it.

I must say I only have about 60 hours on this attachment and it's by far my favorite. I hate taking it off. But with 60 hours and having a good grasp on using it, I'm never afraid to learn more.

/ Sharpening replacing FAE DML/TWIN teeth #6  
I have a UML 150 VT and use similar teeth the DM Cobra, I think. I work in a lot of rock so I just run them in the middle of the drum. I have good luck with them but not so good luck with sharpening. As they round out, I replace them and my production goes back up. I currently have near 80 hours on a set but can't remember if I flipped them yet. I just ordered 5 more to rotate in as the most worn are replaced. When they wear down too much, my sizing of material is reduced some as the tolerances become greater within the chamber.

I tried the carbide version and the carbide snapped off within 10 minutes of striking something hard.

So, these are Type E teeth which are hardened steel not carbide as most others are.

I am curious
1) how many hours are guys getting on a set of teeth and or between sharpening. (I realize with different hardness trees and rocks etc. can change the time frame but I am curious on an average).

These teeth became somewhat rounded so to speak as you can see it the photo. They still worked great but assume the were clubbing the wood crushing it as appose to cutting it. This is why I chose to simply put an edge back on them.

I know these teeth are reversible and also have a second set of teeth but I'd like to get the most life out of each side as I can.

2) Also, being this unit is a TWIN, meaning I can rotate which side the three point is, I'm curious if anyone has used it both ways and can state the pros / cons of each direction. Typically I drive backword into larger stuff, then pull forward over thinner brush to chip better. Curious who actually has this machine and done both. Being this machine is fairly new on the market (2 years I think) and the smallest unit (aside from the 125 model) FAE manufactures there isn't a ton of info on it.

I must say I only have about 60 hours on this attachment and it's by far my favorite. I hate taking it off. But with 60 hours and having a good grasp on using it, I'm never afraid to learn more.

I have a UML 150 VT and use similar teeth the DM Cobra, I think. I work in a lot of rock so I just run them in the middle of the drum. I have good luck with them but not so good luck with sharpening. As they round out, I replace them and my production goes back up. I currently have near 80 hours on a set but can't remember if I flipped them yet. I just ordered 5 more to rotate in as the most worn are replaced. When they wear down too much, my sizing of material is reduced some as the tolerances become greater within the chamber. I tried the carbide version and the carbide snapped off within 10 minutes of striking something hard.

Ok, this is relieving !!!

Seems about the same on the hours per tooth. I am able to "grind" them which takes a while but worth it I guess.

I'm afraid to flip them around as I might realize what I am missing.

I am shocked to hear the carbides snap.

Do you have any photos of your teeth? Worn

image-3956181655.jpg

Think these are dull or can be sharpened ?

/ Sharpening replacing FAE DML/TWIN teeth #9  
I would flip that one on the left, you'll see a huge jump in productivity.

I would flip that one on the left, you'll see a huge jump in productivity.

That was my thought lol. The one on the right is new out of the box.

I really like this tool!!