Recommended hose length RC100 to magnum mulcher

/ Recommended hose length RC100 to magnum mulcher #1  

junkjunkie

Tractor
8N, Kubota MX5200, ASV RC100 w/ 60" magnum
Well, I guess I'll just get downright elementary with this question.... The magnum mulcher I bought is going to be used on an ASV RC100. The installed hose lengths are erratic (some patched and coupled together) and the hoses for the deflector door were removed (the previous owner didn't use the deflector door and lost the hoses. It looks like the original hoses were available in either 65, 80, or 96" hose lengths. I'm away from the machine right now, so I can't couple it up and measure the distance from the bulkhead plate to the QD connections on the ASV, but curious what you folks recommend. My bulkhead plate is located top center of the mulcher. Should I shoot for more slack and tie the excess up out of the way (as in bungee), or go for a shorter bow in the hoses?

Thanks,
Dan

/ Recommended hose length RC100 to magnum mulcher
Maybe I should have phrased this more concisely? Do most of y'all run your hoses with minimal slack, or is there a benefit to longer hoses (less chance of damage/more reaction time if something hangs the hose). With my harley rake I only ever had enough hose to allow for manipulating the head, but I never used it in the woods.