Who makes the most durable rubber tracks for CTL?

/ Who makes the most durable rubber tracks for CTL? #1  

WGTactical

I have a Takeuchi TL250 and have a total of 516 hours on it and the Takeuchi branded tracks are starting to come apart and at $4500 to replace, I doubt they will be considered. Probably have half of the 516 hours running the FAE muclher with the balance being bucket and grapple work. Anyway looking for replacement track recommendations. Thanks in advance!

/ Who makes the most durable rubber tracks for CTL? #2  
That does see quite a bit earlier than normal for tracks to wear out. :confused:
Beyond the type of work , mulching/bucket-grapple, what kind of surface has this work been accomplished on?
I know I have had a little track damage that will no doubt eventually require my tracks to be replaced early but I know exactly when and how the damage occurred.
Anything that you can think of that would have contributed to the early wear-out other than bad product?

A lot of folks swear by Bridgestone but they are not cheap . How much of that premium is for name instead of quality is a matter of opinion, but I would definitely look at them.

/ Who makes the most durable rubber tracks for CTL? #3  
Wow that does seem pretty early! I have an ASV/Terex. I think I'll be lucky to get 1000 hrs with my use. Allegedly they're rated for 1500 hrs but I don't see that happening.

I started researching replacements... Everyone seems to agree that the factory ones seem to last longer than aftermarket. With that said, I'm not sure who actually makes the factory tracks for mine.

Do you know who Tak buys their "factory" tracks from?

/ Who makes the most durable rubber tracks for CTL?
That does see quite a bit earlier than normal for tracks to wear out. :confused:
Beyond the type of work , mulching/bucket-grapple, what kind of surface has this work been accomplished on?
I know I have had a little track damage that will no doubt eventually require my tracks to be replaced early but I know exactly when and how the damage occurred.
Anything that you can think of that would have contributed to the early wear-out other than bad product?

A lot of folks swear by Bridgestone but they are not cheap . How much of that premium is for name instead of quality is a matter of opinion, but I would definitely look at them.

Mostly dirt, some hills and the occasional soft muddy areas. The steel inserts are coming loose and two of them have come completely out.

Wow that does seem pretty early! I have an ASV/Terex. I think I'll be lucky to get 1000 hrs with my use. Allegedly they're rated for 1500 hrs but I don't see that happening.

I started researching replacements... Everyone seems to agree that the factory ones seem to last longer than aftermarket. With that said, I'm not sure who actually makes the factory tracks for mine.

Do you know who Tak buys their "factory" tracks from?

Not sure but they are branded "Takeuchi" during the mold process. Seems there's a ton of folks selling tracks and so far these are the prices I am getting back:

Takeuchi- $4500+ shipping/ 1 year warranty
Bridgestone $3320 shipped /1 year, six month replace, six month prorated
McLaren- $2900 shipped/ 1 year warranty
RubberTrax-$2350 shipped / 1 year, six month replace, six month prorated

Trojan-$Best Price shipped/ 2 year warranty, six month replacement, 18 month prorated

Last edited:
   / Who makes the most durable rubber tracks for CTL? #5  
Boy with that type of surface use I understand why you are hesitant to go with the Tak tracks. Have you talked with the dealer to see what they say?

/ Who makes the most durable rubber tracks for CTL? #6  
Based on your prices, I like the Trojans

Boy with that type of surface use I understand why you are hesitant to go with the Tak tracks. Have you talked with the dealer to see what they say?

I have and they advised Takeuchi is the best tracks. However the price vs service life doesn't seem to add up.

Based on your prices, I like the Trojans

Me too but I'd like to hear from someone who has ran them. Any input at all regarding pros/cons of any replacement tracks is appreciated as I would like to benefit from other folks experience. I don't know anyone who enjoys throwing money away, especially me.

/ Who makes the most durable rubber tracks for CTL? #8  
I have always had good luck running Trojans ... Different product tho LOL.

What are the specifics of the 2 yr warranty?

/ Who makes the most durable rubber tracks for CTL? #9  
Originally Posted by Furu View Post

I have and they advised Takeuchi is the best tracks. However the price vs service life doesn't seem to add up.

I guess my question was not real clear. Did the dealer have an explanation for the early wear-out and the insert issue other than blaming you and your use on soft dirt which is not real hard on tracks.

I guess my question was not real clear. Did the dealer have an explanation for the early wear-out and the insert issue other than blaming you and your use on soft dirt which is not real hard on tracks.
Said he had only heard of this one time before but did offer his condolences along with a quote to replace them. :laughing:

Considering the limited service life I did get from the factory branded track, I would only consider it if it were in the ballpark of the other replacement options. The rubber itself still looks good but I have had the steel inserts pulled completely out of the track...found one of them, the other is apparently a bit more elusive.