FEL Road Maintenance Cutter

/ FEL Road Maintenance Cutter #11  
Makes sense - just seems like they are lacking a lot on the specs. That is really the most important info, is it 150lbs or 850lbs, take 3gpm or 30gpm -stuff like that is what people will need to know.

I spoke with the manufacturer this morning. Hydraulic flow is 10 gpm. If your tractor is less than 10 gpm (say 9 gpm) the cutter will still run but it will take you longer to get the job done. They can put a higher flow pump on the unit (probably cost a bit more). It can cut at least 4 inch diameter brush/saplings hardwood or softwood/pine. Said he took down a couple of 7 inch diameter trees; it just took a couple of minutes per tree. The deck is 1/8 steel, a bit thin you may think, but it is extensively reinforced. 250 pound man can stand on it and not crease it. The deck is not thicker because it is built to hang off the side of your FEL while it is up in the air. Too much weight that high up in the air is not a good idea. Cutter is 44 inches wide. Hydraulic pump is made in the USA, no Chinese cr@p. I am impressed. It is not a Fecon mulcher but if you want a Fecon mulcher, by all means go buy a Fecon mulcher and be prepared to pay accordingly. It sounds like a good attachment for what it is designed for.

/ FEL Road Maintenance Cutter #12  
And they are simply running it with 3rd function?

/ FEL Road Maintenance Cutter #15  
Must be off the third function. Easy to run off a rear also if you have it.
Did they say the weight of it? I do think it is a bit thin but it may work out ok. I would be concerned with it getting caught on something and hanging up and then that causing the bend. Either way I wouldn't want to run it off a little BX, need something like an L or bigger I would think (in Kubota's line that is - not sure of other manufactures models)
I do like the idea a lot and just think they need to work on their advertising some and get some more in the field. Any weak spots will show up and can be redesigned easily. Good to hear they are using US parts!

/ FEL Road Maintenance Cutter #18  
Hello, I have lurked around the forum for years now looking for feedback from the mass knowledge throughout while troubleshooting my own tractor issues. My cousin Travis and I are partners in Lane Shark USA. I was extremely flattered when I found out that our products were being discussed here on the forum, I will try to address the many questions and suggestions that this group has made. First we are in the panhandle of Florida and are new to the business, we both grew up in a rural area and started off running tractors at very young ages. We both are deer hunters and dreaded mandatory hunting club work days that no one seems to show up for. We tried to simplify the work on the hunters that met their obligations for those hot summer days cutting limbs. Lane Shark USA is a product of countless hours of trial and error making a product for our own use at the hunting club. Needless to say through word of mouth I had several people wanting me to trim their driveways before the very first unit was completed. I took advantage of the opportunities to further this project, it had some major flaws from the beginning. Through hard work and determination we build several units over the next year until we had built what was a solid piece of equipment. We had several people inquiring about the cutter when traveling back in forth to the hunting club, some wanted us to come cut their roads and some wanted us to build them a cutter. In the beginning we were not interested, we both have great full time jobs and also try to maintain a quality of life. Travis is a custom home builder and I have a Safety career with the largest Pulp and Paper company in the world. Sorry to bore you with us.....

We build Lane Shark USA here in Florida ourselves using American material and parts. Currently I would have to say that we build to order because every time we think we are getting ahead someone else is either inquiring or purchasing one. We have a patent pending, this is the main reason our marketing might not meet everyone's expectations. We did get some publicity through social media sites to kind of kick start the process prior to launching a marketing campaign.

Lane Shark USA is a 44" cutter originally designed for the deer hunters, we currently offer two models. The deck is constructed of 1/8" plate, reinforced with 1/4" plate and angle, trimmed out on the bottom with 3/16" angle, leading edge trimmed in 3/4" cold roll, and custom build hinges to seal the deal.

Both models are currently using a Char-Lynn hydraulic motor, 10 GPM, 1091 RPM, 650 ft-lb of torque and a continuous PSI of 2000 and with a relief valve at 2200 PSI. We currently install a Parker flow regulator on each unit to protect each unit and the end user. For the maximum efficiency of the two current models offered the application needs a hydraulic system on the tractor/skid steer rated at 10 GPM. If the application has less than 10 GPM remember that hydraulics are linear, a good way to understand this is a hydraulic system with a flow of 8 GPM equates to 80% efficiency. This really does not mean much unless comparing two units cutting side by side, the unit with an 8 GPM system would take 20% longer to cut the same distance. Using Lane Shark USA to cut small brush, the end user would not notice the difference in performance.

The quick attach model offers three cutting positions, directly in front of the tractor, 18" outside of the right boom cutting horizontal, and 18" outside the right boom cutting vertical. Regardless of the position the end user will have a cutting path of 44". With 1/2"x 6' hoses $2700

The bucket mounted model has been a great addition for those with a FEL without the quick attach. This model is simply a receiver hitch style bracket welded to the top of the bucket allowing both horizontal and vertical cutting 18" outside the right boom. With 1/2"x 6' hoses $2200

To further answer other questions and concerns mentioned in this thread. If six foot hoses are not needed, subtract $100 from either model, if longer or larger hoses are needed we can include for the actual price up the hoses. Both units are under $500 pounds, the bucket mounted unit can be stood by a grow man and with a little thought loaded in the bed of any truck. The quick attach model is heavier because of the skid steer mounting plate (5/16") and cannot be loaded without some help. Each unit is primed and painted with an industrial enamel paint that has held up great so far, all units are only offered in the lime green color, this is critical in our marketing plan. Warranty on craftsmanship is 6 months and mechanical parts are backed by the manufactured warranty offered. Blades are sharp on both sides preventing having to sharpen in the field, simply flip them over once dull. The deck assembly is reinforced with rigid material and geometry.

We have ran the units multiple ways (e.g. third function on FEL, rear remote, PTO driven hydraulic pump with a external reservoir) if using a remote, a "T" will need to be installed in the tractors return line.

We do have the capability to increase the the motor to work with the skid steers with a greater hydraulic flow for an additional cost.

Open cab tractors are probably not the ideal application however I have upwards of 25 hours on my Mahindra 2810 HST, whether lucky or by design I have not even had a close call. Lane Shark USA does not sling debris like a traditional rotary cutter, our product uses extremely sharp blades and has a spindle speed much faster that the average rotary cutter.

A few key features and uses, the blade has an advancement of 3.25" leading the cutting edge allowing the larger brush to be cut prior to cutter being physically over the brush. It cuts well around ponds without getting to the soft soil reducing the potential for ruts, cuts to the maximum reach of the FEL, when using a rear mounted rotary cutter it will deliver an additional 44" cut, this works well when cutting rather tall brush, cut between fence post below the first strand of wire, cuts the brush trying to grow over the top of a fence, road and driveway maintenance, ideal for those annoying limbs overhanging foot plots or gardens.

Again thanks for the comments and for the many forum members that have already inquired about Lane Shark USA by phone since this thread was started. Now as a member of the forum I will answer any questions you may have that I may have missed. Please keep in mind that we are really just now getting the product going, we are open to both positive and negative feedback. If you like our product please take the time to like, share, or follow on Facebook. We are currently working on some type of give away for the appreciation of our followers. We feel that we have a solid product and are here to stay by offering the homeowner or small guy an opportunity to have an American made product at a reasonable price.

Duerwood Willis 850-232-nine642

/ FEL Road Maintenance Cutter
Thanks for all the info. Have you tried running 4 blades as opposed to 2? Might be a little much for this size drive but was curious.