Finaly got a contractor to clear

/ Finaly got a contractor to clear #1  

nybirdman

Tractor
Kubota L4240 HSTC,L3000DT
As stated;I have been 7-8 years trying to find a clearing contractor to help with my land.I had found several but I guess they are independent and didn't need the work.Only had one look at the job(he was hired) and I am happy with the work he did.
We have two tractors with bush-hogs but this property had been neglected for at least 80 years and heavily over grown;way too much so for me to beat my equipment trying to do it;maintain afterwards,yes.
The contractor used a 65 H.P.tracked skid-steer with a front rotary mulcher;only choice I had.Mistake on my part but my only choice; needed a drum type mulcher head.
Happy to have it done but by using a rotary I have been two solid weeks clearing the duff/shrapnel and cutting/burning the pungi stakes with my Stihl back saw.
The area I had done was about 50 yards wide and .28 miles long;20 hours for the skid steer.I have lots more to do as funds allow.
Bottom line;a drum/Fecon type head would have saved me a lot of time and effort.

/ Finaly got a contractor to clear #2  
Did you see if you could've rented a CTL with forestry mulcher? CAT rents them, other places may too.

/ Finaly got a contractor to clear #3  
Anything bigger than just brush or 2-3 inch stems then you are correct you would be better off with the FECON, DENIS CIMAF or FAE type drum mulcher.
Rotary or drum each has their place and each has their benefits where they excel. You can mulch to the size that you want and need. Just a matter of time to do the job.

/ Finaly got a contractor to clear
Recently found a contractor with a "drum type" chipper;suppose to be here in 2-3 weeks.