I gotta get one of these!

/ I gotta get one of these! #1  

kebo

Elite Member
Tractor
2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires
Checked my game camera today and caught this massive "buzzsaw" on my camera, which is sitting on a gas line watching my food plot. After talking with Dominion Gas the year before last, I knew they were coming through there in 2018 as it was time for the 5yr rotation to clear the RoW on this gasline. The good part is this coming season I will able to see much further up the gas line (and have a wider view too). The bad part is my stand is attached to a big oak right at the edge of the gas line, and when they trimmed it, a couple big limbs dropped through the Ondura roof I put on it. So now I have to replace the roof asap. I'm hoping they will send a crew through there to pick up the mess! In the last pic, you can see a falling limb, just before it hits the ground. That's cool stuff, though. I've seen this live one time when driving down a secondary road and saw one suspended from helicopter. I'm sure that is an expensive and operation, but still probably cheaper than hiring a crew of 5-6 guys and buying all the equipment they would need to do the same work. I am guessing this way is quicker too, which further helps to reduce the cost.

MFDC6105.JPG

MFDC6106.JPG

MFDC6108.JPG

MFDC6109.JPG

/ I gotta get one of these! #2  
I remember reading about a fellow sitting in his tree stand when one of those came over,he had to bail out in a hurry.I don't believe it is any "cheaper",helicopter time is pretty pricy but access isn't a problem.

/ I gotta get one of these! #4  
..........................................................I don't believe it is any "cheaper",helicopter time is pretty pricy but access isn't a problem.
I agree. Also I don't think kebo is going to see a ground crew come in to clean up the debris. They will just let it lay in their right-of-way to eventually rot away.

/ I gotta get one of these!
I agree. Also I don't think kebo is going to see a ground crew come in to clean up the debris. They will just let it lay in their right-of-way to eventually rot away.

Yeah, I was HOPING they would send a crew through to clean up the mess, but my head tells me they probably won't. If they don't, then I will have to pick up whats in the food plot by this summer. The rest can be done as I get time over the next couple years, but I won't need to pick up all of it, just the places that I need to access.

WRONG!!!!

MFDC7193.JPG

MFDC7194.JPG

MFDC6879.JPG

MFDC6844.JPG

MFDC3738.JPG

MFDC3744.JPG

MFDC3777.JPG

And the finished product.... Now I can see all the way up and down the gasline when I hunt there this fall!! :cool: This pic was taken standing beside the stand, you can see the shadow of it on the ground. I still have to fix the roof where some limbs dropped through it. Yeah, there's still a lot of big chunks of limbs laying along the edge of the gasline, but at least they cleaned up my food plot.:thumbsup:

Gas line.jpg

/ I gotta get one of these! #8  
WRONG!!!!

Yep, I was wrong!

Must be a very good company that has respect for the landowners to clean up like they did.