Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Bobcat T320 Forestry, Gyro Trac GT25, Yanmar 3110D

Default RDM Mulcher

I started this thread before, but it quickly turned to a pissing match, so let's try again.

I have been talking to John and researching the RDM Mulchers made by Advance Forest Equipment. Excavator and Skid Steer Mulching Attachments using RDM Technology

We are looking at a CAT 315 excavator and considering one of these heads. The main advantage we see is being able to move rocks, logs, and even dig smaller stumps without changing attachments.

I know some of you guys have run them and I would like some feedback and thoughts. If things continue to move forward, we will be flying out to run one of these before we make the decision.
    No matter what anyone tells you, old fencing, cable, and farm implements that are in the middle of the woods are not your friends!

Colby
    S & P Land Services

Silver Member

Default Re: RDM Mulcher

contact mark prather in eunice louisiana, his company is called treemark, he uses these and all he does is r.o.w. in the swamps and bayous. his number is337-298-5592

he has 2 last i knew and they were on either cats or komatsu

Tractor
    Cat 299D XHP, Cat 297c, Rayco C140

Fish Factor, bout a year an a half ago i was on a job an a guy had one mounted to a 320 Cat cutting a road across a swamp. I really like it he was able to cut the tree flush with the ground an then cut the trees into 20-25 foot lenghts, then used the thumb to make a mate to walk on.
    Lifescapes Forestry Mulching/ Brush Cutting Services
    251-331-4475
    lifescapes-forestry-mulchling.com

Tractor

That's what we are thinking. I understand the mulch may not be as small as a traditional mulcher, but the versatility is key. The ability to mulch a tree, dig the stump, shake the dirt off, and mulch the stump will be a big advantage for us.

Looks like we will be going out to Idaho to run one in the next several weeks unless someone changes my mind first.
    No matter what anyone tells you, old fencing, cable, and farm implements that are in the middle of the woods are not your friends!

Colby
    S & P Land Services

Ironwood Michigan (Northern Michigan...by Lake Superior and Wisconsin)
    Tractor
    JD4210, ASV PT100, JD 50D, JD 350C, Komatsu D65, JD Gator 825i, PB100, Kubota 900 RTV, Metavic, Briamar dump, F350 and 450.

Keep us posted, I wanted one to run on a mini (JD50D), sounds like it is marginal in flow. Looking at the Torrent Mulcher now, but have pulled the trigger.

Tractor
    Carolina Clearing, LLC

Boy, I sure would like to go to Idaho with you. I love it out there. It would be nice to see the RDM in action as well.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTROAD View Post
    Boy, I sure would like to go to Idaho with you. I love it out there. It would be nice to see the RDM in action as well.
    Come with us. We can always use a third opinion.

Colby
    S & P Land Services

Tractor

Sure hasn't been much action on the forum lately. Everybody must be busy. We're finally working near home this week.

Flying out this weekend to run the AFE mulcher on Monday and meet with Jon. I'll post my thoughts sometime next week.

Colby
    S & P Land Services

Ironwood Michigan (Northern Michigan...by Lake Superior and Wisconsin)
    Tractor
    JD4210, ASV PT100, JD 50D, JD 350C, Komatsu D65, JD Gator 825i, PB100, Kubota 900 RTV, Metavic, Briamar dump, F350 and 450.

Keep us posted, I wanted one to run on a mini (JD50D), sounds like it is marginal in flow. Looking at the Torrent Mulcher now, but have NOT pulled the trigger

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by trailbuilder View Post
    Keep us posted, I wanted one to run on a mini (JD50D), sounds like it is marginal in flow. Looking at the Torrent Mulcher now, but have NOT pulled the trigger
    He says a 080 will run one, but I don't know if a 50 would handle it. Weight would probably be an issue as well.

Colby
    S & P Land Services

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast