Tractor
    none

Default Starting a new mulching business and looking for equipment and advice

I'm going to start a new land clearing/mulching business and am looking for experienced advice on equipment options. I understand they are numerous. May general thoughts are some size tracked bobcat with a mulching head and a medium sized excavator for stump removal and the heavy lifting.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45SE, 1994 JD LX176

Default Re: Starting a new mulching business and looking for equipment and advice

The land clearing forum on TBN, here: Land Clearing has over 800 threads with many hours of reading on the subject. Many guys posting already working in the same business. Happy reading!

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Massy Furgason 396, ASV-100 with Cimaf, D9H(Frankenstien), D9G(Rusty), D6D(troublemaker), and JD 6420P :)

Default Re: Starting a new mulching business and looking for equipment and advice

If you plan on starting a good productive company, you may as well go buy a dedicated machine, skidd steers are decent but you can ask anyone here that you are just buying a throw away machine. As for a medium sized trackhoe goes, you know cat makes a great machine and JD also, but dawoo ( I think it's still called that) and kamatsu make decent machines as well, I'm sure the real pros will chime in a second, but that's just my take on it....

Tractor
    Cat 299D XHP, Cat 297c, Rayco C140

Quote Originally Posted by pmarble View Post
    I'm going to start a new land clearing/mulching business and am looking for experienced advice on equipment options. I understand they are numerous. May general thoughts are some size tracked bobcat with a mulching head and a medium sized excavator for stump removal and the heavy lifting.
    Starting off I would recommend going with a ctl with mulching head, that way your more versatile if your slow mulching, u have numerous attachments for ctls for different jobs. Then once u get a good cliental built up get a purpose built for larger jobs but I would keep a ctl for residential areas because they are easy transporting, walking across pavement & concrete and great in tight places. I have had several ctls before my newest machine a cat 299d xhp, an I won't recommend any other but it for mulching cat did there homework on this one great power engine bay stays clean awesome hydraulic performance.
    Lifescapes Forestry Mulching/ Brush Cutting Services
    251-331-4475
    lifescapes-forestry-mulchling.com