MacKissic Chipper/Shredder

/ MacKissic Chipper/Shredder #1  

micah68kj

Tractor
wheel horse commando 8
I am thinking about getting a Mighty Mac 12P Unit. It has been very lightly used. Has all the manuals and I have heard it run. No smoke and seems very healthy. Bought in 2007 and always stored indoors. Owner wants $575.00. From what I can tell, these things are about 2 grand? Anybody know if these things are good? If I had to sell it for any reason could I get my money back?
Thanks
Joe

/ MacKissic Chipper/Shredder #2  
I've got one and it's from the 70's. Unbelievable heavy duty machine. Will probably out live me. The engine is original and still works 100%. I used it a lot the last couple of years but this year has been pretty quiet on the storms so less debris to clean up. I make the mulch for around the trees with it.

Steve

/ MacKissic Chipper/Shredder
Thanks for replying Steve. Can you tell me how it does with pine debris? I'm seeing visions of sap dripping like honey out of the bottom of my unit. Will it take pine trees? Do you have any tips for a novice other than reading the manual? Manual says it shreds/mulches newspaper. Have you tried this and how does it do?
Thanks
Joe

/ MacKissic Chipper/Shredder #4  
I've ground up pine trees and branches with it. If it doesn't grind it fine enough I just run it through again. Haven't had any issue with the sap from them. Mostly It just grinds everything to pulp. The mulch is a little sticky at times but that's not a big deal really.

Steve