Best way to get weeds out of my lawn?!

/ Best way to get weeds out of my lawn?! #1  

flyingdutch16

Tractor
Craftsman Lt 2000
Hey guys

I have a problem with a lot off weeds popping up again *sigh* In the spring i applied weed killer it helped after applying dozens of weed killer, but since it was so dry here in PA, the grass turned brown for about 3 weeks and now its green again this was perfect for the weeds.

My grass type is Blue Grass, and i hope you guys have a solution to keep the weeds away.

Oh btw i mow my grass as tall as possible to prevent the weeds from growing.

/ Best way to get weeds out of my lawn?! #2  
Spray with 2,4D. Available almost anywhere. Often called weed killer because it only kills broadleaf plants, not grass. I'm guessing you used granualar weed killer, which is also 2,4D, but spraying liquid herbicide gives MUCH better coverage.

/ Best way to get weeds out of my lawn?! #3  
Pave it! :D

Seriously, +1 on the 2,4D. It's good stuff. I use it mostly for poison ivy, but it kills all the broadleaf it comes in contact with, and it's not too hard on the grass, unless you're applying it way too thick.

Joe

/ Best way to get weeds out of my lawn?! #4  
Before you mow make a trip over the lawn on your hands and knees and use a screwdriver to help pry the little devils out. Keep on doing this till their are no more weeds. Also make sure the lawn is at the proper PH level.:thumbsup:

/ Best way to get weeds out of my lawn?!
Spray with 2,4D. Available almost anywhere. Often called weed killer because it only kills broadleaf plants, not grass. I'm guessing you used granualar weed killer, which is also 2,4D, but spraying liquid herbicide gives MUCH better coverage.

I forgot to mention that i did use liquid killer, but i used so much i'm afraid that i will kill the grass?

Before you mow make a trip over the lawn on your hands and knees and use a screwdriver to help pry the little devils out. Keep on doing this till their are no more weeds. Also make sure the lawn is at the proper PH level.:thumbsup:

That would be the beginning to knee surgery considering i have 1,5 acres

/ Best way to get weeds out of my lawn?! #7  
I forgot to mention that i did use liquid killer, but i used so much i'm afraid that i will kill the grass?

It shouldn't hurt the grass at all, but it doesn't take much herbicide. A few drops per plant will kill most weeds.You probably killed the weeds in the spring, but there are a lot of weeds that never show up until mid summer. That's what you're seeing now.

/ Best way to get weeds out of my lawn?! #8  

I don't know what you mean by "used so much". More than one application or heavy dose?

I use broadleaf weed killer (either a brush version and/or Ortho Weed-b-gone concentrated) when the weeds are growing good. I mix according to the directions, and spray once in the spring when they pop up, and again in the early fall (when they start coming back). It will not kill bluegrass, so no need to worry.

If it is crab grass, then you need to apply crab grass killer in the spring (as the broadleaf sprays do not work on crab grass).

I don't know what you mean by "used so much". More than one application or heavy dose?

I use broadleaf weed killer (either a brush version and/or Ortho Weed-b-gone concentrated) when the weeds are growing good. I mix according to the directions, and spray once in the spring when they pop up, and again in the early fall (when they start coming back). It will not kill bluegrass, so no need to worry.

If it is crab grass, then you need to apply crab grass killer in the spring (as the broadleaf sprays do not work on crab grass).

THanks its a mix between weeds and crab grass

This is what i used.
Shop ORTHO Quart Plus Crabgrass Control Concentrate at Lowes.com