Got brush!

/ Got brush! #1  

roblwest

Tractor
yanmar y226
Walk behind string trimmer vs. walk behind brush mower? I've come to tractorbynet to find out. I have an older Yanmar but my ground is to rocky and rought to use a mower with the tractor.

Glad this resource is here.

/ Got brush! #4  
Hey roblwest! Welcome to TractorByNet! :D I have moved your thread to the Lawn Care & Landscaping Forum. You will have better luck finding what you need there. :thumbsup:

/ Got brush! #5  
Hello and welcome to the best outdoor and tractor info on the web:thumbsup:

have you checked into the DR trimmers?

I'm sure any of the dealers we have here on TBN could tell you about these,;)

Last edited:
   / Got brush! #7  
DR has some great self propel models...I believe you can purchase different types of cutting blades.

/ Got brush! #8  
If your ground is too rocky for a tractor brush hog, then I'm not sure that a walk behind brush cutter with a metal blade is what you can use, either.

A gas powered trimmer with a metal brush blade is okay for limited areas, but not good for rock and not good for large areas.

I have used a walk behind trimmer with the flexible lines, and the brush worked those lines over pretty quickly. The one I used was not self propelled, either. A good shoulder trimmer is easier to use and at least you have the option of a metal cutting head if you need it.

Sometimes you can spray brush and at least see what you've got to deal with before you start cutting into it blindly.

A photo of your site might help.