Best way to get ride of big ants?

/ Best way to get ride of big ants? #51  
I think besides burning the ant hole, you need to find the queen or egg producer.. Its not enough that you lit a fire on their house because eventually they'll find a new relocation inside your yard.

/ Best way to get ride of big ants? #52  
Get (rent or borrow?) a hot water pressure washer, dial it up for high pressure and as hot as you can get shove it down the hole and scald them to death.

/ Best way to get ride of big ants? #53  
We have used borax and powdered sugar mixed together to form a paste. Pour t directly on the mound. the workers grab the paste and take it inside the nest where the borax kills them.
This is a guaranteed ant killer works everytime.
Also seen plaster of paris dry mixed with sugar work. Apparently they feed it to the Queen dry and her saliva causes the plaster to set killing her.
Me I would stick to the borax.

/ Best way to get ride of big ants? #54  
I haven't had to cope with the large mounds ........ but for our northeastern smaller colonies of ants ....... soapy water has always worked.

I buy the cheap dish washing liquid and put about a cup into a one gallon pump sprayer. Then just spray it on the mound and they die.

This also works great on box alder beetles etc ...... all the critters that breath through their exoskeleton.

Cheap, effective and non toxic.

/ Best way to get ride of big ants? #55  
Bigfoot.:D

/ Best way to get ride of big ants? #56  
It worked for me. All gone now. :laughing::thumbsup:

Attachments

• ant hole.jpg
    ant hole.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 400
   / Best way to get ride of big ants? #58  
As I have posted before; use diametceous earth. It is cheap and organic. All the farm stores around here sell it in 50# bags. It is also used in water filters of some types. Spread liberally all over the nest and access tunnels and renew as necessary as it disolves in rain and clumps in dampness. The carry it all through the nest and it plugs up their elimination organs. I killed out 3 huge mounded nests in one summer. Works on slugs and snails also.

Ron

/ Best way to get ride of big ants? #59  
Hy-Yield products with Acephate, link. I generally kick the mound, sprinkle the powder and walk away.

On a side note, this stuff stinks to high heaven! Gotta store it in the shop, barn, outside Rubbermaid container, anywhere that's not attached to the main dwelling, otherwise you'll regret it! Just saying...

It's also good for practical jokes... I sprinkled some on a neighbor's mower deck and he just knew he'd mowed over a skunk! :laughing:

/ Best way to get ride of big ants? #60  
As I have posted before; use diametceous earth. It is cheap and organic. All the farm stores around here sell it in 50# bags. It is also used in water filters of some types. Spread liberally all over the nest and access tunnels and renew as necessary as it disolves in rain and clumps in dampness. The carry it all through the nest and it plugs up their elimination organs. I killed out 3 huge mounded nests in one summer. Works on slugs and snails also.

Ron

They also use this in oilfield applications in a giant liquid press as a filtering agent for clear fluids.