Anybody very familiar with Grasshopper mowers?

/ Anybody very familiar with Grasshopper mowers? #1  

geoffburnham

I recently purchased a used Grasshopper 721D 61 inch zero turn mower and was hoping to find someone familiar with this product to ask a few questions. One question is that the mower came with a model 9361 mowing deck, and I was wondering the best way to elevate the deck to remove and sharpen the blades. I have one of those Mojacks to drive the front wheels of mower into and then jack it up but wasn't sure if there was a way to flip the deck up. As far as I know, this deck doesn't have the optional hydraulic flip option but I thought there was a way to manually flip it up... thanks for any information...

Geoff

/ Anybody very familiar with Grasshopper mowers? #2  
Not sure on the 721D front mount, but I think that you can tilt the deck up for maintenance without jacking anything. Try the Grasshopper web site. You may be able to down load a manual.

Jim

/ Anybody very familiar with Grasshopper mowers? #3  
Some grasshoppers did not have any method of raising the deck for blade access. I don't remember the model (1822 maybe)we have at church but it is a 54" deck and there is no tilt option.

I have had good luck in dealing with GrassHopper direct on questions about this mower.

/ Anybody very familiar with Grasshopper mowers?
Thanks guys,

I had tried the website but there is nothing there regarding tilting other than a promotion for their electric/hydraulic folding option. I went out and tried to lift it from the front edge and the thing is pretty heavy!!! I was surprised the manual for the mowing deck didn't have any instructions for doing this. It does, however, say you should inspect the blades before each mowing job.. I don't see that happening unless I can find a reasonably easy way of raising the deck. I did discover there is something called the Deck Stand that is apparently used for installing the deck to the mower so that everything can be at the same height and that is missing .. going to have to make a list of things to replace... I also think there must be a latch or something that is not there to hold the footrest in the up position while working on the connections.. I ended up using a bungee cord... thanks again and if you, or anyone else has anything to add, I am all ears!!

Geoff

/ Anybody very familiar with Grasshopper mowers? #5  
On the foot rest there should be a small rod on the left side as you are facing the mower. It tucks up on the lip and then you pull it out to right and down to hold the foot rest up.

Call Grass Hopper. They might send you out a parts list for your mower at little or no charge.

Roy