Help me identify this grass/weed please

/ Help me identify this grass/weed please #1  

srs

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030 HSDC
Can someone tell me what is the name of this grass/weed? I get my lawn treated by a commercial company and they call it field/quack grass. Whatever it is they can't seem to get rid of it using their chemicals. Also I would appreciate it if someone could recommend a treatment I could use where I would not have to damage the existing lawn to remove this grass/weed. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• field grass 1.jpg
    field grass 1.jpg
    424.2 KB · Views: 4,006
  • field grass 2.jpg
    field grass 2.jpg
    520.5 KB · Views: 2,822
  • field grass 3.jpg
    field grass 3.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 801
   / Help me identify this grass/weed please #2  
It is quack grass. Very tough to get rid off. It is a grass so any chemical to kill it kills grass too.

/ Help me identify this grass/weed please #3  
I too have this pesky stuff here and there. I use roundup and a foam paint brush. I just paint the quack grass with it and it kills it and very little surrounding grass, unless I get sloppy! By the way my neighbor thinks I'm nuts!! I also wear nitrite gloves to keep it off my hands!

/ Help me identify this grass/weed please #4  
streetisneat said:
I too have this pesky stuff here and there. I use roundup and a foam paint brush. I just paint the quack grass with it and it kills it and very little surrounding grass, unless I get sloppy! By the way my neighbor thinks I'm nuts!! I also wear nitrite gloves to keep it off my hands!

Street has it, it goes by a few names but quack grass is best. Also removal is paint as mentioned above OR dig it out.

Luck!

/ Help me identify this grass/weed please
Thank you for the info. I guess I might have to get a long handled paint brush and start attacking each location. Gonna take me forever, yikes.