My Frankenstein side wing, pond mower, ZTR attachment!!

/ My Frankenstein side wing, pond mower, ZTR attachment!! #1  

tmajor

Platinum Member
Tractor
2010 MF 1529, Woods ZTR MZ1952, National Mower sickle bar circa 1963
HA, Ha, Ha .... :laughing:

I mentioned this project last year, but just got around to it. I wanted a way to mow around the pond with the ZTR, without falling in. So, my thought was an old rotary mower, mounted to the ZTR. My head was working on all of these high-tech mounts, so the mowers would overlap, etc.. I gave up on that and went with "simple".

I welded up two brackets to mount to the rotary mower, which would drop into the ZTR guide wheel pockets. .. simple enough. I also, added a chain to suspend the outboard side. Plus, it will raise and lower, somewhat, with the mower deck.

I gave it a try and it seems to work, as I had hoped. I really hated weed whacking around the pond! :mad:

Isn't it beautiful? Does it need new paint?

Attachments

• mow1.jpg
    mow1.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 515
  • mow2.jpg
    mow2.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 412
  • mow3.jpg
    mow3.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 424
  • mow4.jpg
    mow4.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 754
  • mow5.jpg
    mow5.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 698
  • mow6.jpg
    mow6.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 769
Last edited:
   / My Frankenstein side wing, pond mower, ZTR attachment!! #2  
That's pretty awesome.

/ My Frankenstein side wing, pond mower, ZTR attachment!! #3  
I really like that solution to a common problem! Keep up the good work ...

Frank

/ My Frankenstein side wing, pond mower, ZTR attachment!! #4  
HA, Ha, Ha .... :laughing:

Isn't it beautiful? Does it need new paint?

DUDE!!!!!
That is flipping awesome!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think it needs paint AND flames!

I LOVE it!

David

/ My Frankenstein side wing, pond mower, ZTR attachment!! #5  
Wow! That is one neat solution. Maybe we should start a forum for great ideas and nominate threads like this to be copied there. Sort of like the old books with 101 projects for the farm you can build.

/ My Frankenstein side wing, pond mower, ZTR attachment!! #6  
I was thinking of a mount for my weed wacker on my Simplicity. Any of you done that?:)

/ My Frankenstein side wing, pond mower, ZTR attachment!!
I was thinking of a mount for my weed wacker on my Simplicity. Any of you done that?:)

I was telling my neighbor about my "Frankenstein", yesterday. He's worked on small equipment for quite some time. He mentioned somebody, who had a string trimmer for use in a cemetery, which he maintained.

In a quick Google search, I found these ... plus, there may be others. This may give you some ideas. Their home page.

Here is the "Noah system".

Last edited:
   / My Frankenstein side wing, pond mower, ZTR attachment!! #8  
This is fabulous. I am looking for something kind of along the same lines. I have a 60" mmm my tractor now and a 50" walk behind at my disposal... I would like to figure out how to mount this as a rear offset to have a 110" cutting swath.... Any ideas or photos let me see.

/ My Frankenstein side wing, pond mower, ZTR attachment!! #9  
Fantastic! :thumbsup: