My landscaping/grading project *pic Heavy*

/ My landscaping/grading project *pic Heavy* #1  

Freakingstang

Gold Member
Tractor
s370d
I've gotten a bunch done with the great weather we had the last couple weeks. Now, I need to finish my loader, get tons of topsoil and rent a trencher to run drain tile.

back yard.... I ended up taking about 3 to 3 1/2 feet out of the back cornerwhere the fence and the garage meet. I dug out the muck, I spread it out beside the garage to dry out. Then after a few days drying, i dug some more creating a taper to the back corner. The property slopes to the left, so I"m going to run drain pipe down the width of my property and end it at the opposite corner to the low point of the property ditchline.

84d0af85.jpg

b6b1620b.jpg

e2b20a3d.jpg

e0d158cd.jpg

14d80606.jpg

77a8fd52.jpg

e421845f.jpg

f6ad2104.jpg

438b0079.jpg

546ca038.jpg

Now, I had a bigger issue in the front yard too...Did the same thing...tore my my yard up, dug out the muck, let it dry out, then went back and moved material to higher ground. Added a sloped grade, from the center of the property to the ditch. this is basically what I started with...soggy, stayed mushy all year round... this pic is just from driving on it a few times..

31ff971d.jpg

40b44e57.jpg

7da50d3a.jpg

e5a4c820.jpg

1ea51753.jpg

df56d915.jpg

I think I hit bedrock!!! :Orange_tr

237d7342.jpg

95c0e6c2.jpg

Here's a quick phone vid of me draggin some dirt.... click on the pic, not sure why it doesn't have the play button....

I'm not totally done, but had to button it up before the rain came...I had to move my topsoil pile to the left in this pic about dusk as the storm was moving in. It all got spread out on this side of the house, about center of the red fence in all those low spots in the pics. That was difficult doing that in the dark, as it started to rain, but I was amazed how smooth she turned out! I had a bucket sitting outback that had 2"of rain in it the next morning... no pond or swap in the front or back yard where there was before.... I didn't take any pics the other night because it was dark, and just plain forgot today, but I'm mostly finished with the rough grading...need a bunch of fill dirt next (and a loader to move it). I'm thoroughly amazed at this little tractor. i worked the dog snot out of it, and it took it like a champ. Might be the best 800 bucks I ever spent! I'll try to get a "finished" pic of the front yard if I can get home before dark tomorrow!

bdd92251.jpg

2ebe951d.jpg

I let it all dry out, and moved the material to higher ground, and raked it and raked it and then raked it again...

the disc didn't work as well as planned, so I took my ratchet rake and strapped it on my box blade. Within an hour or so, it made a heckuva difference! almost ready for some grass seed!

758d1ffa.jpg

d70cfee4.jpg

b83e1c24.jpg

983604cd.jpg

cb674eed.jpg

With a little help from the Bota, I was able to get grass seed down this past weekend.

85ca3b20.jpg

ae0e48b4.jpg

1041a4f9.jpg

e133c635.jpg

/ My landscaping/grading project *pic Heavy* #2  
Looking much improved, that ratchet rake on the box blade works great, as I've mentioned before.

/ My landscaping/grading project *pic Heavy* #3  
Nice job, looks real good.:thumbsup:

If you need to do much more smoothing I recommend a landplane grader with straight set blades. I do this work frequently and the landplane really makes getting a smooth finish quick and easy.

/ My landscaping/grading project *pic Heavy*
Nice job, looks real good.:thumbsup:

If you need to do much more smoothing I recommend a landplane grader with straight set blades. I do this work frequently and the landplane really makes getting a smooth finish quick and easy.

I'm actually going to build on later this summer or fall... there are still alot of imperfections in the lawn... so this is kinda temporary... I need to get my loader plumbed in so i can get get a bunch of top soil and get it spread out...

I"m going to copy your land plane build... I've got a whole list of people that want work done now..lol

/ My landscaping/grading project *pic Heavy* #5  
I'm actually going to build on later this summer or fall... there are still alot of imperfections in the lawn... so this is kinda temporary... I need to get my loader plumbed in so i can get get a bunch of top soil and get it spread out...

I"m going to copy your land plane build... I've got a whole list of people that want work done now..lol

Glad the pictures will help someone have at it.:)

/ My landscaping/grading project *pic Heavy*
Well its been a few weeks and grass is starting to come in....

79922f70.jpg

a4f59c24.jpg

1afebf60.jpg

250c76d2.jpg

69ae0271.jpg

I used different straw on the backyard.... It isn't coming in as quick

09948f86.jpg

b1f5d49a.jpg

efa7fb88.jpg