Killed lawn by mistake

/ Killed lawn by mistake #11  
Uhhh Honey? It looks like the neighbor's dog has been urinating on the lawn again. :smiley_aafz:

Yeah, that sounds good. That's my story. :thumbsup:

/ Killed lawn by mistake
Thanks for all the timely replys. First off I used Pronto Big N' Tur 41% glyphosate, 2 1/2 gallons of it in 40 gallons of water. I was in a rush, not thinking and thought I grabbed the 2 1/2 gallon white plastic container that had the Gordon's weed and feed in it. From the rear the containers looked the same. I need some help with what equiment I should use to reseed, overseeder etc, I do have a John Deere 4115 tractor. On a side note the wife helped me spray she drove the golf cart pulling sprayer. I believe my lawn is fescue, I'm out in the country of the eastern panhandle of West Virginia so it could be orchard grass. Anyway what should I do?:confused2: Thanks Larry

/ Killed lawn by mistake #13  
Rake it, punch it, then whirly-spread a few hundred pounds of seed. It would be nice to roll over it and "set" the seeds, but it'll usually sprout without that step. Cover with straw would be awesome, but you'd not like the price of doing so.

Spray with hydro seed is also quick and does a great job.

If your mix is 50-70% annual rye, you'll have a quick sprout and green cover. It will look green very, very quickly. You'd be mowing it by June 1st. The rye will die out next hard frost in fall, leaving only the fescue or blue grass you mixed in the seeding formula.

/ Killed lawn by mistake #14  
So 2 1/2 gallons of it on 1 1/2 acres yeah it's dead no matter what it was.

/ Killed lawn by mistake #16  
So 2 1/2 gallons of it on 1 1/2 acres yeah it's dead no matter what it was.

Yeah, I use that stuff from TSC. and it might be dead and lifeless...But safe to re-seed...I feel your grief, I KILLED a mature Canning Pear tree in our front yard, because I sprayed a vine near it with Round-Up. I still hear about it everytime i pick-up a sprayer.. Only this time"Don't you dare go near my Flowers"???

/ Killed lawn by mistake
Thanks again for the replys. I think I will wait until next week end and rent a 6 ft overseeder and put tall fescue in. I'm told the overseeder is the way to go since it puts the seeds directly in the soil. I do have a york rake and 5ft disc but I'm told with a overseeder I wouldn't have to take those steps. I hope that information is correct. Any one with any experience using one would be helpful. Again thanks to all. Larry

/ Killed lawn by mistake #18  
Good luck. And, put a big skull and crossbones on that RoundUp bottle!

/ Killed lawn by mistake #19  
Brown Lawn??? I managed to do that once. :eek::laughing::(

It actually worked out well. Spread lime and fertilizer, raked, overseeded, raked again and watered well. The new lawn came up very nicely with relatively few weeds And within a year looked real good.:thumbsup:

/ Killed lawn by mistake #20  
Newtogreen said:
I sprayed my front lawn, about 1 1/4 acres with Gordon's grass and weed killer by mistake about a week ago. I just found out that I grabbed the wrong container (in a rush) by accident. I thought I was grabbing the weed and feed. Any way I really need some help with what to do now and how to do it. Thanks any information is appreciated. Larry

Sounds to me like it a GOOD TIME to catch up on some of those HONEY DOO'S

Last edited: