Killed lawn by mistake

/ Killed lawn by mistake #1  

Newtogreen

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 4115
I sprayed my front lawn, about 1 1/4 acres with Gordon's grass and weed killer by mistake about a week ago. I just found out that I grabbed the wrong container (in a rush) by accident. I thought I was grabbing the weed and feed. Any way I really need some help with what to do now and how to do it. Thanks any information is appreciated. Larry

/ Killed lawn by mistake #2  
What does the label say? Is it safe to replant after a certain period?

/ Killed lawn by mistake #3  
Does the wife know yet.....

/ Killed lawn by mistake #4  
Although you are getting late in the spring for planting a cool-season grass (e.g., fescue), reseeding is worth a shot assuming that the herbicide doesn't have any residual effects. Keep it watered and you should be OK.

Steve

/ Killed lawn by mistake #5  
Does the wife know yet.....

:laughing:. If i were you, the lawn is the least of your problems once your wifey finds out.

Hopefully you can explain to her its best way to start over..... new clean slate.

At this point, nothing you can do but wait for couple weeks and then go replant your yard like a new lawn.

/ Killed lawn by mistake #6  
Blame it on the weather. Read up on the label, wait it out, then take your tractor to it, got a york rake? Disturb the soild, re-seed, lay some straw on it, and hope for some rain.

Then, when it comes back, just keep cutting and don't worry about weeds or feeding.

/ Killed lawn by mistake #7  
My cousin did that, boy was he mad. Looks like its time for a new lawn. I just did mine with my tractor, it was good seat time.

/ Killed lawn by mistake #9  
What kind of grass was / is your lawn? If it was bermuda it will probably recover unless you really upped the rate.

/ Killed lawn by mistake #10  
What kind of grass was / is your lawn? If it was bermuda it will probably recover unless you really upped the rate.

Yeah, if it's Bermuda, glyphosate just makes it angry the first time. That stuff is hard to kill.