how can I make wooden wheelbarrow handles more comfortable

/ how can I make wooden wheelbarrow handles more comfortable #21  
Skid steer

/ how can I make wooden wheelbarrow handles more comfortable #22  
Every year or two, I rub each of my wheelbarrow's handles lightly and briskly, from one end to the other, with fine grit sandpaper; then massage quickly and throughly using rag dipped in linseed oil. It keeps the handle skins in good shape and my wheelbarrow has not once complained about its handles not being comfortable. Hope that helps...somebody!

/ how can I make wooden wheelbarrow handles more comfortable #23  
I bought a 6 cubic foot wheelbarrow with wooden handles yesterday. Usually I use the ones with rubber handles. I noticed right off that the wooden ones are not as good since they become slippery when working. Anyone have any ideas on how to make them grip better?

This is the closest thing to a wheelbarrow I've ever owned. :)

/ how can I make wooden wheelbarrow handles more comfortable #24  
Milking machine rubbers:cool:

/ how can I make wooden wheelbarrow handles more comfortable #25  
HA!

If you "never have to let go," why do the pictures show the hands oriented one way in the "roll it" position and reversed in the "dump it" position? He let go and turned his hands around!!!

xtn
We must have looked at different websites because I didnt see a hand reversal at all. Other than made from cheap plastic that will likely break if the wheel barrow is loading with anything other than mulch , the concept looks ok.

/ how can I make wooden wheelbarrow handles more comfortable #26  
Ace Bandage?
Equine Leg Wrap?
Winter Pipe Insulation?
ZTR Mower Handle Grips?

/ how can I make wooden wheelbarrow handles more comfortable #27  
3M makes two types of "shrink wrap" for electrical applications. One uses heat to set and the other has a spiral wound interior that is pulled out after it's aligned where you want it. If is not where you want it you WILL need to cut it off an do over. I've used both on hammer handles to protect the wood if I miss and provides a good non-slip grip. Find an electrician, commercial not residential, as the size you need won't be found in residential applications. See if they can scrounge some short sections or drops.

/ how can I make wooden wheelbarrow handles more comfortable #29  
I bought a 6 cubic foot wheelbarrow with wooden handles yesterday. Usually I use the ones with rubber handles. I noticed right off that the wooden ones are not as good since they become slippery when working. Anyone have any ideas on how to make them grip better?
Go to your local sporting goods store and ask the salesperson about friction tape. The tape is self sealing and could be replaced at a later date if needed.

/ how can I make wooden wheelbarrow handles more comfortable #30  
Friction tape works well too.