Stihl Backblower which one to buy??

/ Stihl Backblower which one to buy?? #1  

denverdave66

Silver Member
Tractor
2012 John Deere 1016, FEL, 60"MMM
I have a Stihl BG86C-E right now and want to sell it and buy a backpack blower. I saw on craigslists someone had a BR420 Magnum for $250, I really like the BR600 Magnum but it is pretty expensive. I need some advice on which model to buy either the ones I got listed or another model as long as it is Stihl. I only buy Stihl products. I will only be using it to blow leaves, I have a lawn vac I pull behind my John Deere 1026r and need to blow around the trees etc.

/ Stihl Backblower which one to buy?? #2  
Buy the BR600. It will blow your fillings out your mouth. You won't be sorry

/ Stihl Backblower which one to buy?? #3  
Buy the BR600. It will blow your fillings out your mouth. You won't be sorry

After you've used a BR600 all of the others will seem to be a waste of time. (I have one ..)

/ Stihl Backblower which one to buy?? #4  
Ditto on the BR600. I get a lot of leaves on my pastures were they border the woods. In order to graze my horses through most of our usually mild winters, I need to get those leaves off so they do not mat. I go through around seven gallons of gas until I am done. It takes some time but I don't even want to think about how a lesser blower would be.

/ Stihl Backblower which one to buy?? #5  
Another vote for the BR600. I was shopping for a replacement for my old Echo backpack blower trying out various makes/models. When I tried out the BR600 I was immediately sold. Great blower.

/ Stihl Backblower which one to buy??
The Stihl BR600 Magnum won out! I went into my local Stihl dealer he gets all my business and asked him if he would take my Stihl BG86C-E on a trade for the BR600. Take note my BG86 is less than 6 months old and only used maybe 6 times so it is in like new condition. He said he would give me $200 for it so I have to pay him $300 difference.

/ Stihl Backblower which one to buy?? #7  
Congrats on the decision. Now, to get the maximum performance from the BR600, run medium or high grade gas with synthetic oil as recommended. After I bought the BR600, I started to run my Stihl chainsaw and my Stihl trimmer on the higher grade/syn. Big difference.

I say medium or high test because as I understand it, some areas sell high test with out ethanol in it. Ethanol "kills" the rubber fuel lines.

/ Stihl Backblower which one to buy??
I have owned Stihl products for many years and have always used still oil and when they came out with the synthetic oil I started using that. I didn't know I should use premium gas but as soon as I use up what I have now I will start buying premium.

/ Stihl Backblower which one to buy?? #9  
Stihl BR 600 Magnum, I had borrowed my Friends BR 550 and new i had to have one, I ended up buying the 600 for $50 more then a 550, I am not sure if I notice much of a Difference between the 550 and 600 they both work very well.

/ Stihl Backblower which one to buy?? #10  
Ditto on the BR600. I get a lot of leaves on my pastures were they border the woods. In order to graze my horses through most of our usually mild winters, I need to get those leaves off so they do not mat. I go through around seven gallons of gas until I am done. It takes some time but I don't even want to think about how a lesser blower would be.

I like my BR600 Magnum way better than my small Poulan.
If I had to blow enough to run thru 7 gallons of fuel on one project I would consider looking into a larger blower for the 3PH compact tractors. Sure would save you alot of time.