Soil PH tester

/ Soil PH tester #1  

Carl Bert

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B26, John deere X595
Can anyone tell me what PH tester is worth buying. I know nothing about these or what to look for to find a good one. Any help wold be appreciated.

/ Soil PH tester #2  
Knowing your pH is only part of the puzzle.
I personally wouldn稚 waste my money on a pH tester.
Take a soil sample and go visit your local soil extension and find out where they have their soil tests done.
:2cents:

/ Soil PH tester
Knowing your pH is only part of the puzzle.
I personally wouldn稚 waste my money on a pH tester.
Take a soil sample and go visit your local soil extension and find out where they have their soil tests done.
:2cents:

Ok makes sense, thanks

/ Soil PH tester #4  
The last few samples I have had were done by a lab in Nebraska and were very complete for $33.00.

/ Soil PH tester #5  

That is a great place to start. I've even had the guys at the local office offer to come help me to make sure the samples were pulled correctly.
The other option is a bulk fertilizer dealer, mine even sends the samples off on his dime, then I just buy the correct amounts of lime and he then blends the fertilizer to the correct spec's.

/ Soil PH tester #7  
Most county extension agents will test your soil for no charge. You just have to provide the samples and take to their office.

/ Soil PH tester #8  
For a good one, you'll pay a lot. Only one I know that works is maybe the expensive one at the extension office. I just use a kit I bought at Lowes a few years ago. Usually have to let the test tubes sit overnight to tell the color clearly to read the pH.

Ralph