Log Splitter Hose Covering

/ Log Splitter Hose Covering #1  

Deere Dude

Elite Member
Beaver Dam Wisconsin then to Hohenwald, TN
Tractor
John Deere 3720
I have a 22 Ton log splitter and am trying to find a covering for the hoses. I saw a metal coil on some hoses one time and am not having any luck finding any like that. It looked like a small metal slinky covering the length of the hose. No doubt it was a stainless coil of some sort. If you have any ideas, let me know. Thanks.

/ Log Splitter Hose Covering #2  
HOSE ARMOR Steel Protective Coil (HA)

Try Discount Hydraulics they have a full line of sizes available in 20 ft lengths. I would consider the cloth coverings too for most uses but they have steel and cloth jackets available.

/ Log Splitter Hose Covering
HOSE ARMOR Steel Protective Coil (HA)

Try Discount Hydraulics they have a full line of sizes available in 20 ft lengths. I would consider the cloth coverings too for most uses but they have steel and cloth jackets available.

Actually I was looking something like the wire inside this hose, only without the covering, just the wire. The wire may be a little thicker and the diameter the size so I can push my hose through. It would look like a stretched out spring. Thanks. I know someone about 5 hours away bought his wood-splitter with that spiral wire wrap on the hoses already and I liked it. Then the hose won't rub through on the frame of the splitter, although any plastic covering will probably work also. It is just to cut down on the wear through vibration and rubbing.
Spiral wire.jpg

/ Log Splitter Hose Covering #4  
Any good hose shop should have protective covers. Some of the cloth ones are made from material like Kevlar and will wear out steel. They are a real PITA to cut to length though.