Silver Member

Default Lets talk about Pre-Emergents

Hi guys

So it March and the magic date of 15 is a few days away. I'm trying to stay on track this year and do everything the grass people recommend so maybe in a couple of years I will have a nice weed free yard.

So the more I read about Pre-Emergents the more confused I get. When I was maintaining my yard in Fla. I used Scotts Weed and Feed in the spring but now that I have more acerage and spray equipment I'm wondering if liquid is the way to go???????

Also I'm reading about Pre-Emergents Herbicides and Pre-Emergents Fertilizer, are these the same? I'm thinking not??? What is the best Pre-Emergent to put down this month to start the control of weeds.

I have both a 40 Gal sprayer and broadcaster so I can use liquid or bag, liquid seems like it would be the better way to go.

Dennis

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

Default Re: Lets talk about Pre-Emergents

Hey Dennis,

I just sprayed pre-emerge on my lawn yesterday...I bought it at Home Depot after researching on the internet....Here is what I bought....> Bayer Advanced....Southern Lawns...Kills current weeds and prevents weeds for 6 months....it was about $20 and it came in a hose end sprayer which worked for a short while and then stopped so we poured the concentrate into our 2 gallon pump sprayer and filled it with water and it was more than enough for our needs....We will see if it works...good luck.
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH View Post
    Hi guys

So it March and the magic date of 15 is a few days away. I'm trying to stay on track this year and do everything the grass people recommend so maybe in a couple of years I will have a nice weed free yard.

So the more I read about Pre-Emergents the more confused I get. When I was maintaining my yard in Fla. I used Scotts Weed and Feed in the spring but now that I have more acerage and spray equipment I'm wondering if liquid is the way to go???????

Also I'm reading about Pre-Emergents Herbicides and Pre-Emergents Fertilizer, are these the same? I'm thinking not??? What is the best Pre-Emergent to put down this month to start the control of weeds.

I have both a 40 Gal sprayer and broadcaster so I can use liquid or bag, liquid seems like it would be the better way to go.

Dennis
    Right there with ya guy. I went out the back door and snapped a quick one. No pre emergents yet. I might need a shovel to check. While I'm at it I should probably dig out the Honda.

-dscn0424-jpg
    Nelson
    Central Maine

Silver Member

Retiredmgn, you need to ease down south a little.