Lets talk about Pre-Emergents

/ Lets talk about Pre-Emergents #1  

DennisH

Silver Member
Hi guys

So it March and the magic date of 15 is a few days away. I'm trying to stay on track this year and do everything the grass people recommend so maybe in a couple of years I will have a nice weed free yard.

So the more I read about Pre-Emergents the more confused I get. When I was maintaining my yard in Fla. I used Scotts Weed and Feed in the spring but now that I have more acerage and spray equipment I'm wondering if liquid is the way to go???????

Also I'm reading about Pre-Emergents Herbicides and Pre-Emergents Fertilizer, are these the same? I'm thinking not??? What is the best Pre-Emergent to put down this month to start the control of weeds.

I have both a 40 Gal sprayer and broadcaster so I can use liquid or bag, liquid seems like it would be the better way to go.

Dennis

/ Lets talk about Pre-Emergents #2  
Hey Dennis,

I just sprayed pre-emerge on my lawn yesterday...I bought it at Home Depot after researching on the internet....Here is what I bought....> Bayer Advanced....Southern Lawns...Kills current weeds and prevents weeds for 6 months....it was about $20 and it came in a hose end sprayer which worked for a short while and then stopped so we poured the concentrate into our 2 gallon pump sprayer and filled it with water and it was more than enough for our needs....We will see if it works...good luck.

/ Lets talk about Pre-Emergents #3  
Hi guys

So it March and the magic date of 15 is a few days away. I'm trying to stay on track this year and do everything the grass people recommend so maybe in a couple of years I will have a nice weed free yard.

So the more I read about Pre-Emergents the more confused I get. When I was maintaining my yard in Fla. I used Scotts Weed and Feed in the spring but now that I have more acerage and spray equipment I'm wondering if liquid is the way to go???????

Also I'm reading about Pre-Emergents Herbicides and Pre-Emergents Fertilizer, are these the same? I'm thinking not??? What is the best Pre-Emergent to put down this month to start the control of weeds.

I have both a 40 Gal sprayer and broadcaster so I can use liquid or bag, liquid seems like it would be the better way to go.

Dennis

Right there with ya guy. I went out the back door and snapped a quick one. No pre emergents yet. I might need a shovel to check. While I'm at it I should probably dig out the Honda.
:D
DSCN0424.jpg

/ Lets talk about Pre-Emergents
Retiredmgn, you need to ease down south a little. :laughing::laughing: