Getting rid of Ants in the lawn, Need help

/ Getting rid of Ants in the lawn, Need help #21  
I am not sure if Amdro kills or just causes them to move. It will make the hive abandon and leave or kill I don't know which but when using it, the mounds just keep coming back the following week. The last time I was visiting with my sister and brother in law (he works part time at a large farming operation) I was talking about the ants and he gave me a half gallon of the pesticide that they use on the farm called Delta Gold. 1 tablespoon to a gallon of water and it kills them dead in a few minutes. I mix up about 15 gallons to wet down all the ant hills on my 11 acres and they are all dead. Fire ants colonies will return so it is a never ending battle but with the Delta Gold it is about every 3 months rather than next week. I think you would need a pesticide applicators license to purchase this product though. You can get one by attending a class and paying a small fee. Here you can do it online.

/ Getting rid of Ants in the lawn, Need help #22  
If you have the large red ants, consider them your new best friends. They will not share a territory with fire ants. They will go to war with fire ants and kill them out in the surrounding area of their nests. Long live the big red ants!

Patrick

/ Getting rid of Ants in the lawn, Need help #23  
Boiling water seems to slow them down significantly and doesn't leave any lasting bad side effects other than some brown grass.

This what I did on my manicured city lawn years ago. Worked great. Barely left a mark.