Looking at 72" Scag Cheetah

/ Looking at 72" Scag Cheetah #1  

KenB2920

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L5240HSTC
This will be used to cut my personal property ... About 4 acres best guess. Id like to pick up a couple small side jobs with it to ease the blow of the payment.

My questions are: does $7995 for a 72" scag cheetah with 34 hp kawasaki with 428 hours sound like a good deal? They retail new about $13,000.

Odd question, even though the cheetah is known for it's comfort ride, can the seat be upgraded to a suspension seat to compliment the suspension platform? Specifically the Exmark suspension seat. That seat is a dream to sit in and I'd love to purchase several and make them bar stools.

What are some things to negotiate in?

My property is wide open with no gates. I am currently cutting with an 84" rear finish mower. It actually does a great job but I really think the tractor makes it a bit bumpy. I am not worried about scalping. Is there any reason to really consider a 61" over a 72" other than scalping?

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Looking at 72" Scag Cheetah #2  
Might look into the Bad Boy Xp Series. Full front and rear suspension with the grammar suspension seat. $9,299
1/4'' steel deck heaviest on the market nobody else can say they have 1/4'' deck because nobody else does.
The cheetah is running 5400 transaxles and the XP has full independent pumps and wheel motors dual filters and dual hydraulic tanks 13mph rated at 3,000 + hrs for hyd life
Swing away fuel tanks 11 gals fuel
Elec and manual deck lift.

/ Looking at 72" Scag Cheetah
Might look into the Bad Boy Xp Series. Full front and rear suspension with the grammar suspension seat. $9,299
1/4'' steel deck heaviest on the market nobody else can say they have 1/4'' deck because nobody else does.
The cheetah is running 5400 transaxles and the XP has full independent pumps and wheel motors dual filters and dual hydraulic tanks 13mph rated at 3,000 + hrs for hyd life
Swing away fuel tanks 11 gals fuel
Elec and manual deck lift.

Well, we shall see if the test of time handles the cheetah as that is what I purchased.

I do hear alot of good reviews but don't know anyone personally in my area who has or used a bad boy.

Since we are here, I will as this. I was at a local lawn care company a couple weeks ago. A buddy of mine and I went to see there used products for sale. This has to be one of the biggest lawn company's in the area and are starting to spread nation wide. "United". Great company. We spoke with a mechanic there who likes the Exmark (the machine used by this company) but he also has experience with several mowers. He was really unable to comment on cut quality, ride, performance in the field etc. However, he stated after working on all head machines, the two he mentioned that we horrible to work on and he'd never purchase were Dixie and Ferris.

He made mention the Dixie had to be completely separated to fix what is usually simple on other mowers and I forget off hand why ferris.

TSO may remember as be was with me.

As for me, I have been on a Ferris once :) while having some pops and I'd never been on a ZTR so I took it for a spin at my neighbors (I never cut with it just rode it around). As for Dixie Ive never even sat on one so I can't comment. As stated, those are his thoughts not mine.

Also, he mentioned how much he loves redmax blowers but says their chain saws are horrendous. Again, this is from his mechanical background.

Either way, it was a great 45 minutes or so we spoke to this gentlemen and very informative.