ECHO SRM2110

/ ECHO SRM2110 #1  

Steve_Miller

Veteran Member
Tractor
2006 Kioti CK30HST
Anyone know if you can still buy a Zama carburetor 1CU K16A reasonably priced? Zama website says they are discontinued. I can't figure out what is wrong with mine, it will sit there and idle all day long but bog as soon as you hit the throttle. Cleaned carb several times, soaked it in Seafoam over night, tried every adjustment in the book but nothing seems to help. It ran ok last time I used it then slowly started to bog out. Fuel line and filter are fine, replaced the primer bulb. Only thing I didn't attempt to take out was the check valve and I didn't want to pry or pull too hard and break something. I'm guessing it may be the check valve as it seems to spitting gas out the intake. Any insight before I have to give in and take it somewhere or sell it the way it is. Local dealer wanted $112 cdn for a replacement carb.

Thanks
Steve

/ ECHO SRM2110 #2  
Don't know about the intake fuel leak but if it ran fine last time. Check the muffler for dirt dobbers.

/ ECHO SRM2110 #3  
Definity check the spark arrestor screen...

Every time I lost high speed on my Echo it was the screen.

Most parts have been discontinued for my machine citing the older motors do not meet the new emission standards.

/ ECHO SRM2110 #4  
Yeah, all those trimmers spark arrestors need torching from time to time.
It's just part of regular maintenance

/ ECHO SRM2110 #5  
I take the spark arrester off when it gives trouble since I'm not in a dry National Forest.
I have found that basically all trimmers have to be junked eventally: hopefully the expensive ones last enough longer to get your money's worth out of them.

/ ECHO SRM2110 #6  
Anyone know if you can still buy a Zama carburetor 1CU K16A reasonably priced? Zama website says they are discontinued. I can't figure out what is wrong with mine, it will sit there and idle all day long but bog as soon as you hit the throttle. Cleaned carb several times, soaked it in Seafoam over night, tried every adjustment in the book but nothing seems to help. It ran ok last time I used it then slowly started to bog out. Fuel line and filter are fine, replaced the primer bulb. Only thing I didn't attempt to take out was the check valve and I didn't want to pry or pull too hard and break something. I'm guessing it may be the check valve as it seems to spitting gas out the intake. Any insight before I have to give in and take it somewhere or sell it the way it is. Local dealer wanted $112 cdn for a replacement carb.

Thanks
Steve

Looks like amazon has several different brands.

Amazon.com: For Zama CARBURETOR Carb RB-K75 fits GT-2 HC-15 SRM-21, 23 and more: Garden & Outdoor

/ ECHO SRM2110 #7  
You changed the fuel filter?

/ ECHO SRM2110 #9  
I’m curious what you ended up doing. I’ve got an Echo that’s around 10 years old that suddenly did the slightly accelerate then bog out thing. I removed and blew out the fuel filter with no change?? Saw never used ethanol and the muffler / screen is clean. Any ideas a couple years later:D

/ ECHO SRM2110 #10  
I've dealt with a fair amount of 2 stroke carburetors and by far the most common problem I've ran into is the fuel pressure regulator diaphragm, they do goofy things when they go out... If you are unfamiliar with the general 2 stroke pumper carburetor (be it Zama or Walbro) the fuel pump diaphragm is the big diaphragm that usually has 3 or 4 screws on the plate holding it on, sometimes under the plastic housing holding the primer bulb, etc. This should be very pliable and definitely not torn. You can get just the regulator diaphragm's on Amazon or Ebay, or get a complete generic carb rebuild kit for the carburetor model, they're simple to work on. Some of the older fuel pump diaphragm's aren't the most durable as well, those are usually black where the more durable ones are a tan woven material or clear or blue plastic which live much longer. On the fuel pump side there's usually a fuel filter screen that likes to plug up with goo or hardened stuff if let sit dry...

Then again there's some carburetors I haven't had luck clearing out, but luckily for whatever reason complete carburetors are on Amazon or Ebay for roughly the price of a gasket set somehow? Work has a Stihl weedeater that was running bad, I tried getting it going but it's a newer version with an odd carburetor (Zama I think, I prefer Walbro...) that I couldn't get working, found one on Amazon for $17 that came with two fuel clunks, an air filter and I think 2 spark plugs... ran like a top with it...