Bush Hog Box Blade Shanks Scarifiers CBX60

/ Bush Hog Box Blade Shanks Scarifiers CBX60 #1  

ChrisA511

Tractor
John Deere 5083e, Massey Ferguson MF1235, Bad Boy Diesel
Hello, I have an older Bush Hog CBX60 box blade. When I bought it there were no shanks. The ones from the dealer are $40 each!!!!!!

I saw these on agrisupply, does anyone have a bush hog that can tell me if they will work?

Three Hole - 11/16" hole size - From top - 1" to center of first hole, 1 1/2" center to center, second and third hole
.725" Thickness
15.75{" Height - Top to bottom
Width 2 1/2"

The manual for the blade online says that this is the OEM size )
3 50058101 A/R Shank Assembly, 5/8 x 2-1/2 x 15.462

/ Bush Hog Box Blade Shanks Scarifiers CBX60 #2  
I have a Bush Hog (brand) Rollover Box Blade. When I used an Agri-Supply replacement shank assembly I had to have welding shop cut some to make it fit. Extra expense and travel.

Later the point came off, which is a sacrificial fitting on shanks, and was lost in dirt. It was difficult to figure our which replacement point to purchase from Agri-Supply. I had to buy two in succession, to get the correct one. To get replacement point on, shank had to go again to welder. Three more costs. ((Impractical to return surplus point because of high shipping cost.))

I would buy Bush Hog brand replacement shanks through Messick's, a TBN advertiser. More expense up front, less over time.

If "ELMA" is near Pennsylvania, shank shipping being high, Messick's net price with shipping may be no worse than Agri-Supply. But that depends on where you are.

NOTE: Shank dimensions on your shank probably different from mine.

/ Bush Hog Box Blade Shanks Scarifiers CBX60
Thanks for the reply, I will be using this very light duty, do you think agrisupply would suffice or really are garbage?

/ Bush Hog Box Blade Shanks Scarifiers CBX60 #4  
You should be fine. A-S shanks are steel, not iron.

I use my ROBB heavy.

I respect Agri-Supply and use them quite a bit. But monitoring steel quality control from far eastern or Brazilian suppliers is a challenge.

If you are going to post often, add your state to ELMA. You understand why~~~~~~

HA just did thank you!

I just emailed Messicks, will see how price compares.

/ Bush Hog Box Blade Shanks Scarifiers CBX60 #7  
Messick's has very clear, Bush Hog original, parts diagrams on their site. Perhaps Messick's has a parts diagrams specifically for CBX60, perhaps with dimensions.

You can also check eBay. Someone may be parting out a busted CBX60. The old US produced parts MAY have better steel than current OEM parts.

LINK: BUSH HOG -MANUAL -Brochure in Business and Industrial Supplies | eBay

Good luck.

Last edited: