XR4046HC

/ XR4046HC #1  

classacthollow

Silver Member
Tractor
LS XR4046HC, Ariens 60" max zoom zero-turn- Cub Cadet zero turn-Cub Cadet 1050 Rider
I just saw this advertised:

LS XR4046HC is a fully loaded, feature packed compact cab tractor at an affordable price. 46 Horsepower, 4 Cylinder Diesel Mitsubishi Engine Easy to use Hydrostatic (automatic) Transmission 35.5 HP Independent PTO Deluxe cabin with Heating and A/C, CD Player, full suspension seat Ergonomically designed for operator comfort Includes Quick Attach Loader & 60" Bucket (2,500 lbs lift capacity @ pivot pins) 2 Pairs Remote Control Valves
$29,980.
XR4046C%2003.jpg
this has got me chomping at the bit, I also got some cab pics and it looks really well set up..

Last edited:
   / XR4046HC #2  
It is very well set up. I test drove one. Liked it a lot. And it's a heavy little bugger too. 4,334 pounds (cab model). My only hesitation is the PTO hp. I'd like to have 40 or more (although the Kioti DK50SE HST only has 2 more PTO hp, so they're close). Decisions, decisions.

But it's not a Mitsubishi engine. It's a Shibaura Tier 4. I don't think the Shibaura is a step down from the Mitsubishi engine. I know a lot of the New Holland tractor guys rave about their Shibaura New Hollands.

/ XR4046HC
the one I just read about claimed it was a Mitsubishi engine. I'm going to do some more research, I'm about ready to buy and I went and looked at the Mahindra the other day and their control layout and cab setup is terrible, no planning just bolted stuff where-ever they could make it fit. this new LS is beautiful and smooth ergonomics, even the rear remote levers are right up by the bucket control.

/ XR4046HC #4  
The dealer I'm working with told me it was a Shibaura. And the engine model no. on the LS website and the brochure the dealer gave me is "N844L-F", which is a Shibaura model. So, I'm pretty sure it's a Shibaura Tier 4 engine. That's not an issue for me because it appears that Shibaura makes really good engines.

I agree with you on the ergonomics. I've been tempted by the Mahindra 6010 because of the extra HP, but I don't like the ergos as much as the LS. It's been a while since I drove the LS. I need to go back and drive it again.

/ XR4046HC #5  
Yeah, that is a Shibuara engine. The N844L is the same engine used in the New Holland's Boomer 3045/TC45D compact tractors. I have to say that I am impressed with the new XR4046HC. I like the Shibaura engine over the Mitsubishi. I had Ford/New Holland compact tractors since the 1980s with Shibaura engines and those engines always ran great in the tractors. I would say the Shibaura is almost as good as the Yanmar engines.

/ XR4046HC
Thanks Guys, I just looked on the brochure and it does list it as the N844L- the dealer that said it was a Mitsubishi was not correct. Now if I could just find one to check out, I had buying things sight unseen.

/ XR4046HC #7  
I've got a 3cyl Shibaura in my Hustler ZTR, and had one in my previous Ford CM272 commercial mower. ..

No complaints, Shibaura makes fine engines. Also no complaints with my Mitsubishi 4cyl in THIS tractor.

/ XR4046HC #8  
Yes, it's a Shibaura engine.... 4 cylinder, normal aspiration, with Shibaura's regenerative exhaust side answer to clean emissions.... no urea or other add-in fluids required. In terms of moving parts these are actually mechanically simpler than the Mitsubishis they're replacing, and feature a "captured" crank design (solid 1 piece block, crank is inserted through the end) and superior "positive" lubrication to everything that needs it. We expect these engines to be really robust and long lasting. There are some more pictures here ( LS XR4046HC by RCO Tractor, "Tier 4" Engine, Air-Conditioned Cab ), and some details that need to be corrected on that page..... the rear work lights, stereo, and rear wiper/washer are extra-cost dealer installed options. Also, LS now has them up on their website....
LS Tractor USA

I'll do my best to answer questions anybody has about them. We're currently sold out of the XR4000's and XU5000's, but ordering more this week... have the XR3037HC sitting here now. These new models are being VERY well received....Things just keep getting better and better with LS.

/ XR4046HC #9  
Yes, it's a Shibaura engine.... 4 cylinder, normal aspiration, with Shibaura's regenerative exhaust side answer to clean emissions.... no urea or other add-in fluids required. In terms of moving parts these are actually mechanically simpler than the Mitsubishis they're replacing, and feature a "captured" crank design (solid 1 piece block, crank is inserted through the end) and superior "positive" lubrication to everything that needs it. We expect these engines to be really robust and long lasting. There are some more pictures here ( LS XR4046HC by RCO Tractor, "Tier 4" Engine, Air-Conditioned Cab ), and some details that need to be corrected on that page..... the rear work lights, stereo, and rear wiper/washer are extra-cost dealer installed options. Also, LS now has them up on their website....
LS Tractor USA

I'll do my best to answer questions anybody has about them. We're currently sold out of the XR4000's and XU5000's, but ordering more this week... have the XR3037HC sitting here now. These new models are being VERY well received....Things just keep getting better and better with LS.

Glad to know there are no add in fluids. How is the fuel consuption compared to the Mitsubishi's they are replacing?

/ XR4046HC #10  
Looks like the xr4046 layout is the same as the current r4047, at least the driver's column and levers anyhow. Are they making them WITHOUT the cabs? I noticed on RCO's website, they only show cab versions for the 30-46hp models...

Regardless, looks like a nice tractor. I'll be curious to see which ones New Holland uses for their line. Since they've always been with Shibaura, it doesn't surprise me to see LS using Shibaura now instead of the Mitsubishi.