XR4155C with pics!

/ XR4155C with pics! #1  

dntfxr

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford, LS
It's official I'm in the LS club haha! I got my new tractor home this evening and snapped a few pics before I got it dusty. I got to operate it about two hours, and it sure is nice in the AC and not huffing dirt! I went with the R1 tires and I plan to adjust the rears to the wider offset asap, and probably load them. I haven't found any info on break-in listed in the owners manual, is there a concensus on a procedure for a new tractor? Or just work it hard??
20150925_173307.jpg20150925_173246.jpg20150925_161459.jpg

/ XR4155C with pics!
I just finished setting my rear wheels on the widest position and am in the process of filling them. Here's before and after tread width pics. 20150926_171829.jpg20150926_175906.jpg

/ XR4155C with pics!
I've put a few hours on it the last few days and I'm impressed, it's a smooth running machine and very manuveravble. It makes loads of torque and at 1600rpms never grunts doing dirt work. The loaded rears have made a huge difference in traction, haven't even needed the mfwd yet. I take it these new 1 series tractors aren't popular yet, so maybe this thread will help any who may be interested in the future. The crdi fuel system is Delphi, and it has a small turbo. The diesel engine itself is made by LS as I understand it. It is very smooth and quiet, I'm sure somewhat due to the crdi. The exhaust treatment is described as a doc/dpf combination, maybe a newer type technology; I guess time will tell how it does. I am quite satisfied with the tractor so far and I will update periodically with my experience.
The only negative I have is there is a small leak on the left side of the transmission where a side plate is. My dealer said no problem it will be fixed. I'll update on that when I get it adressed.
Oh and the tractor is very dusty at the moment hahaha, better outside the cab than in my nose! I'm praying for rain though way too dry here.

/ XR4155C with pics! #4  
Good looking tractor. Glad you are happy with it. I've been curious about LS for a while. I appreciate the info.

/ XR4155C with pics!
Thank you much! Time will tell how it holds up and I will share my experience good or bad, hopefully good!

/ XR4155C with pics!
Thank you AaronS! I'm hoping for some seat time this evening.

/ XR4155C with pics! #8  
Nice. Now get it dirty. lol. Have fun.
Thanks for the pics.

/ XR4155C with pics!
Hahaha thank you Dave! I'll have to get another picture, it is quite dirty at the moment!

/ XR4155C with pics! #10  
How did you adjust the rear wheels? I have a new U503C. The manual is seriously lacking in information. The wheels look like a new holland I had about 8 years ago. I could use some advice. Torque for the bilts would even be helpful.

Thank you.