what size LS would be the best

/ what size LS would be the best #1  

deer assassin

Tractor
2017 LS XR4145HC 1967 oliver 550 gas
I am curious which model would be better for my application.

I want to move 5x6 round bales around my place with FEL and stack a few for storage ( (just double stack).... About 12 rolls a year pulling them off my trailer and storing them and putting them out 1x a month.

i am stuck on wanting a hydro static trans and cab as i will be dragging logs and bush hogging as well

thanks in advance

looking at xr 4145 4150 4155

or even some other smaller ones like the 3135

/ what size LS would be the best #2  
Any specs? The LS data base is pretty terrible. I couldn't find a good set of specs for comparison.

/ what size LS would be the best #3  
While I can't say much about moving the bales around, I've got a 4145 that hasn't let me down yet (granted, I only have about 27 hours on it so far).

It handles brush hogging easily around my hilly property, but only a couple of acres are clear.

I also bought a grapple for the front end, and it's amazed me with what it's been able to lift and move as I've been cleaning the tree lines up. There have been some significant trees it's been unable to move, but some chainsaw work generally fixes that :)

I also have a cab and hst, and for my use, I wouldn't have it any other way.

After spending a little time with my dealer, we figured an XR3037 would probably fit the bill for what I wanted to do, but for the price difference moving up to the 4145 after we added everything together with the cab and hst on the smaller unit, I decided that it'd be better to have a little too much tractor than too little tractor. I don't have the numbers on the 3000 series unit anymore, but it seems to me the difference between the two was only 3-4000. Since I was financing, it wasn't enough for me to worry about.

So far as I'm aware, the 4100 series tractors are the same, with the only real difference being the engine tuning for more power on the bigger ones. The operator's manual (common across the 40, 45, 50, and 55) confirms that as the only difference in the specs.

/ what size LS would be the best #4  
I have the XR3037HC. Great tractor, 2182 lb loader lift cap at 90.7". Differences between the 3000/3100 and 4000/4100 series are the engines. 3000/4000 series have Shibaura, 3100/4100 series have the LS engine.
The rest is basically the same. XR's are premium tractors with a lot of extras other brands charge for. Only limitations I see with the LS tractors are loader lift height. Compared to other brands they are lower. Even the 4150 loader lift cap is 2713 lb. The lift height is only 96.3" where other brands are well over 100". Any of these models should easily handle round bales.

Loader lift cap. is the same on the XR4140-4155 models. Only difference would be HP.

Here's the basic specs on all the XR series. Click on individual models for full specs.

XR Series | LS Tractor

When I bought mine 3 years ago the LS tractors were the best priced with the most features for the buck.

/ what size LS would be the best #5  
I have the XG3037 (right at 100 hrs now) and was telling my dealer just today how much I really like it.

/ what size LS would be the best #7  
Looking at the stats I reckon that the 4145 will do everything you need. I definitely wouldn't go any smaller when it comes to handling round bales, including stacking. (yes, that includes 5x5. I don't know about large squares)

My 4105 is great for handling rounds... fetching, loading the lorry, stacking 2 high and feeding out. It's 40.5hp and is just above the cusp for confidently handling this job; so 45hp will be just fine. Also, I run with just a ballast box with no worries; even in the field whilst fetching and loading.

/ what size LS would be the best #9  
Has anyone ever stated (My tractor has too much power)?